ARCO GAS / fraudulent debit card charge for $82.90

1 6331 S Slauson AveLos Angeles, CA, United States

I also had a similar experience at Arco Gas in Los Angeles. I've never patronized that company before and I'll definitely won't go back there. On Sunday afternoon (11/28/10)I pulled up to the pump and used my debit card at the outside terminal. I selected the pump and returned to pump my gas and no gas came out. I went inside to inform the attendant and was told that my card was not accepted and to pay on the inside. I paid $20.00 + .45 service charge, pumped the gas, and checked the outside terminal to make sure transaction was canceled. I checked my bank account two days later and there was an additional charge of $82.90 date stamped the same day as the $20.00 charge two hours after. I spoke with the owner who was EXTREMELY rude and provided him with my bank statements. He had the audacity to tell me that I must have returned back to the gas station to fill up my tank...BTW I drive a Toyota Highlander or I gave someone my card! I contacted my bank who is now investigating this matter, along with the BBB and Consumer Affairs.