Applied BankIllegal Collection Practices; Poor Customer Service

Four years ago I was trying to rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy. I was approved for an unsecured Applied Bank card. I made payments on time until about 6 months ago when I relocated to Florida. The job I came out for, wasn't there. I still continued to make the payments, but it became harder to do so. I found another job quickly, however it didn't pay as much. I fell behind. Then I started receiving the harassing phone calls. Then I had a checking account closed from under me. I had a payment scheduled but moved that over to my new opened checking account in the nick of time (that day). Apparently, when I called Applied to let them know of this they didn't notate any of this on the account. They have been chasing me for the past three months for a payment, and they have been trying to debit out of an account that has been closed. They call day and night. They call on Sundays, they are now my alarm clock. Its so nice to be woken up with a collection call. I have asked repeatedly for them to stop. I have been nice, angry, etc. they only respond with this payment is past due. You Jackwagons! I informed you of what happened. You still received a payment for that month.
I signed up with a credit counseling service. They are making payments on my behalf. These people still call. I am legally taking care of this debt. Applied is receiving payments.
I've counted as many as 12 calls within two hours. Unacceptable. Other creditors are playing ball and working with me. Not Applied. I still owe them $50.00 from August. Friends, this simply isn't right.
Do not get any card (Secured/Unsecured) from them. This financial organization is simply evil.

Ei

Comments

• Ei
      Nov 05, 2010

To those who recently commented. Try living this hell everyday. I dare you. Also please read ALL of the post. Applied agreed to the terms and conditions set forth with my credit counseling company. I am not shirking responsibility. I am making a sizable payment every month. I have TWO jobs to help with this. In a year all of my credit card debt will be paid off with or without credit counseling. Twelve times during the hours of 7pm to 8pm is not acceptable in any state. Nobody is asking for forgiveness here. Up until 6 months ago things were paid on time and almost in full for 4 YEARS!. I could afford the card and what I charged. 64 customers also registered a complaint of some type against this company, so I know I'm not alone here...

You registered your comment and now I will retort. What a cold and particularly callus way of looking at things both of you. To Stealth Pilot: Hmmm $50.00? I'm not that much of a skinflint...I'd let it go and move on, truthfully. But hey I'm the forgiving type...

Nov 05, 2010

So you guys work for Applied...right?

Nov 05, 2010

Hey, I just call them as I see 'em, and before you get all testy and your man panties in a bunch, I make the payment EVERY month. If you'd like that proof, I can show you.

I didn't come here to whine about my financial situation or flame others, I 'm here to inform other people of the poor service and highly illegal practices of this company.

I've done some reading up on you since I posted, Stealth. Your a "flamer" in the worst way. Now that I have that information, I won't be playing your game anymore. I just thought you were cold and unfeeling, now I know your just bored and apparently have no life, and its a game for you. I guess negative attention is better than no attention at all, right?

I've said my last two cents on this. Next negative replies I receive from you or your buddy will be forwarded over to the webmaster, c apish?

Nov 06, 2010

Stealth I am done with you. I explained that earlier privately and publicly. Stop flaming, and buddy just for the record you started it first here. Did you think I was going to take your abuse? Seriously? Just because you need to feel all big and powerful inside? You don't understand the situation, nor do you want to understand it and that's your problem. Your stance/argument has flaws and is coming apart. Leave it and move on. Your tactics are a bore.

Nov 06, 2010

Thank you for the advice Brenda. Some sane rational thought.

• Ce
      Nov 15, 2010

The truth is that Applied Card Bank has no intention of lending to anyone in an effort to help them rebuild their credit or help them with anything else regarding an existing account. This company functions like a loan shark. They have always preyed on those who are down and out and will do nothing but kick you down further because they know that you probably don't have the financial ability or the intellect to fight back. This company is not transparent, not easily accessible. The FTC is well aware of their illegal business practices and I advise anyone who is experiencing any problem with this bank to file a complaint with the FTC and Applied Card Bank's regulatory agency. Keep a notebook of all correspondence with this company. Keep copies of your statements. If you want to close your account, you will need legal assistance in doing so. I tell you this because it's virtually impossible to close your account without accruing penalties and additional fabricated charges. This bank needs to be shut down and it could be if enough folks would take the time to file the necessary complaints with the FTC and the regulatory agency. Please contact the FTC today.