Applebee's Restaurants / service

1 Mt. Laurel , NJ, United States Review updated:

11/12/18 I took my daughter for her 26th birthday to her favorite restaurant, Applebees. We have celebrated her family birthday here since she was little.
When we went into the restaurant Mt. Laurel, NJ, I informed the server it was my daughter's birthday and when we ordeeed dessert, would get please sing.
Dessert was delivered, no song, clapping or recognition as I had requested.
There were no more than three other tables and two patrons in the bar area, not crowded in the least.

When I brought this to the servers attention, her response was "oh, sorry." That was it.
This may seem trivial, however it was very disappointing. The server made no other to attempt to perhaps maybe make it up.
Really, really terrible customer relations for a "family friendly neighborhood" restaurant.

Dm
Nov 12, 2018

Comments

• Ph
      12th of Nov, 2018

If you're too lazy to cook a birthday dinner for your daughter, don't complain when the restaurant forgets a very minor thing like "song, clapping or recognition."

• Su
      12th of Nov, 2018

Okay, a chain restaurant is her favorite. She needs to get out more. 26 and expecting the servers to sing Happy Birthday is a little childish. You could have asked a manager or told the server you still wanted the song.

If you get this angry over a trivial issue, as you said, then life will be tough for you. She didn’t get her song. You could have embarrassed her and sang the song. The other tables may have joined in singing.

Next time you’re disappointed, think of a way to make someone happy instead of [censored]ingand ruining their special day.

• Su