Applebees / racism

I went to applebees on 4-7-07 with my little sister at 11:30 pM. (2 little asian girls) In Milwaukee Wisconsin. i walked in and asked the hostess, a short white lady in glasses if they are still serving TO GO. She said "yes we are but I can't serve you". I looked at her confused. She said because you're under 18. I told her that i am 21. She asked me so rudely "I need to see some ID" Then she looked at my ID. My id was in fair condition, it wasn't brand new because it had been in the washing machine so many times (i put one piece of tape on it). She asked me in a mean way about that. I told her that i put regular tape on it so that the plastic security tape will not come off.

(Not like it would make a difference in how old i am)

She kept looking at my ID and pausing and looking at me for a while. She took forever and i was hungry and it was irritating me because she is not blind. She kept saying where, I dont see it. I finally told her that it's right in front of her face. Then she said i was giving her an attitude and kicked me out. From the looks of her, keeping us out there for so long, It was like she was stalling so we cannot go in and order, Point: From the looks of things, that was discrimination.

I was thinking to myself: What is so hard about looking for your birthday on an ID card. Its not like she doesnt have one either.

Ro

Comments

• Rg
      23rd of May, 2010

Applebee's workers can't accept IDs that have been modified in any way whatsoever. It's against store policy. Maybe you shouldn't be cheap and get a new ID