Apple Vacations / did not honor refund/price guarantee

1 Chicago, IL, United States

We booked an Apple Vacations trip to Mexico In August, 2007.
The trip was scheduled for Oct 20 thru Oct 27th, 2007.
We booked with Apple with the understanding that you have a price guarantee.

I contacted Apple Vacations at 11:56 am (CST) on Monday, Oct 15th to inquire about the price guarantee because I noticed on the internet that the price had dropped on our Mexico vacation package.

I was advised by one of your Representatives that indeed, our package price had dropped $400 per person.
I was advised that the guarantee would be processed and would be applied to our Mastercard.

Several weeks later, I had not received a credit on our Mastercard.
I contacted Apple Vacations again and was advised that I needed to wait 1-2 billing cycles before this credit would be applied (apparently I reached the Chicago office)

Again, our billing statement arrived, and we had no credit on our Mastercard.

I contacted Apple Vacations again on November 28 at 3:00 pm and spoke with "Megan". Megan advised that the price guarantee was never processed, and in fact, there was no record of my call.
I asked her what Apple could do for me now? Could they look up the call that was made and find out why the price guarantee was never processed?
She stated that Apple Vacations does not record their calls. She also stated that there was nothing Apple Vacations could do for me now, because it appears that I had never called regarding the price guarantee.
I advised "Megan" that I would not accept her answer. I would not lose $800 due to a mistake that Apple Vacations made.

I asked to speak with a Manager.
I then spoke with "Harold".
"Harold" advised that the only thing he could do was to see if they could pull a report and show if I ever did call Apple Vacations.
I gave Harold the phone number that I called from [protected]), which is my telephone number at work.
He stated it would take one business day to run the necessary report and he would call me back.

On 11/29/07, Harold did not contact me.

On 11/30/07 at 3:10 pm (CST), I contacted Apple Vacations again and reached "Allison".
I asked to speak with Harold. He was on another call, so I left my name and number. Allison advised that he would call me back after he was finished with his current call.

Harold did not return my call.
He did not even call me to state that he was still working on the issue, and apologize for the delay.
He simply didn't call.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated with Apple Vacations and your process.
Clearly, one of your Representatives did not complete the transaction as they were supposed to.
How can I correct this?

We spent $3200 on a vacation with Apple.
We just want the $800 that was supposed to be processed on Oct 15

I will keep pursuing the issue until the mistake is found and the correction is made.