Apple Store / Iphone warranty sucks

Australia Review updated:
Apple Store
I bought a 3G iphone in South Africa from a Vodacom, a national cell provider, last December but I live in Australia. Unfortunately I wasnt told that the warranty is country specific and not international. So now that my iphone has a massive software issue I cant get a replacement. How can a huge growth company known for thinking outside the box and quality be so incredibly narrow minded when it comes to customers needs and idiotic warranty. What if youre a jetsetting business person and your iphone takes a nose dive? Totally ridiculous. Customer support at the “genius bar” told me they couldnt do anything. That was it. AU$1000 phone for nothing! I feel conned and robbed!
Ill never buy Apple products again due to the bad service.

N  20th of Mar, 2014 by
I bought myself an Apple I-Phone 3GS about two weeks ago, the phone is in pristine condition, we did a software update and now it has the ''popular'' flashing Apple sign, i took it in to the I-Store in Port Elizabeth SA where they told me it is a vintage phone and they offer no back up on it? I understand it is not a new phone anymore, but i just paid R1000.00 for it and now it is useless, is there anyway that Apple might be able to assist? I do not have the financial back up to buy a I-phone 5, and I really love the Apple product (my first one now) I would really like to carry on using the products but if they don't offer any back up then it does not make sense to spend money on something I cannot use.
Is there anyway to assist in this matter? I do not mind paying, but they offer no assistance at all.

Apple Logo Apple