Having problems with Apple?

+1 800 692 7753 (Apple Online Store)
+1 408 996 1010 (Headquarters)
+1 408 974 2042 (Apple Media Helpline)
+1 888 840 8433 (Apple Software Upgrade Center)
1 Infinite Loop Stop 90-2L
Fri5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

I don't care if i've won an ipad

We've all dealt with this. You're on a website, just trying to do whatever, then- "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON!" First of all, it's very loud. After recovering from my burst ear drums, I look at the prize. Why is it always an Apple Ipad? I have no idea, but it wish it would stop. I just wanna download music, I don't care about a prize that millions of other online people are recieving.

ioffer.com scammer

I have about 25 days before a business carried on iOffer and have bought 10 pieces apple iPad.
Now I got out I was dealing with rogue traders, the photo what you see there found my Lawer.
I transferred the money to the following bank account:

Name: Edgar Salgado
Swift: WFBIUS6S
Amount: US$ 4200, 00

ioffer.com scammer

no compassion

A young grade 9 student has been diagnosed with brain cancer and her basketball team is chipping in to purchase an ipad for her. She is travelling 2 hrs everyday for treatment and could really use the ipad NOW. Apple has a 2 week waiting period before shipping out the ipad (plus another week of shipping). I called Apple Canada customer service and also the Head Office and asked if there was anyway they could expedite the purchase under humanitarian grounds for this poor girl who could really use this to keep in contact with her friends during treatment. They couldn't do anything for me. I can't believe that they can't make exceptions for circumstances such as this and move her up in the queue. By the time she received this her treatments will be half over. The outpouring for this young girl and her family in the community is outstanding but a company like Apple can't do anything for her. Shameful!!!

Dano929 Jun 12, 2011

My son has been trying to buy a new Macbook Pro on the apple.ca site. He is a student at University. The cost of the computer on the apple.ca site is: $2, 049 base price, plus $90 for an upgrade to the high res glossy screen, plus $5 Alberta recycling fee, for a Total of $2, 144. The website does not disclose to customers what the tax will be, BUT in Alberta it is a flat 5% GST. The total should be $2251.20. He has tried to put this through on his VISA card BUT Apple tries to charge his card $2, 487.54. I have talked to numerous Apple employees, some of whom have tried to tell me this is not Apples problem because Apple does not collect the tax, the government does. (Wrong, Apple collects taxes and remits the tax collected to the government). Other Apple employees simply have no idea what I am talking about. Just what Apple does with the extra 11% is unknown. Is it remitted to the government or is it simply a skimming operation? Whatever, my son wants to buy a computer and not get cheated by Apple.

A) Does anyone at Apple have the intelligence to comprehend this? So far...no.

B) Does anyone at Apple care? So far...no.

C) Can this person that cares fix this problem? So far...no.

scam

This thread will be used for the electronics (phone/computer/ipod) scammers who make the mistake of spamming scamwarners with their phony sites and fake offers. We will add new scams to this thread as they post here at SW

SCAM!

GALATEX LIMITED
We specialize in a wide range of products such as laptops, mobile phones, plasma & lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players, video games console, digital cameras, dvd players (Etc) at cheap & affordable prices.

We have all the listed mobile phones available in stock and other
models too like Nokia N-series, E-series, HTC phones, Blackberry, Apple
iphone, Samsung and Sony ericsson mobiles

Order from us today and save 10% or more on all your order as we offer the promo of buy 2Unit Get Free Item With Shipping/Discount.

We give maximum guarantee for safe delivery of items bought from us.

COMPANY FULL DETAILS.
Company Name : GALATEX LIMITED
Registration#:[protected]
Contact Name : JERRY MARTINS
Email Us At :[protected]@hotmail.com

fraudelent charges

I bought my son an iPod for Christmas and activated an iTunes account for him to use his gift cards, ONLY...

bad customer service

My Friday evening was totally ruined by Apple Store in Market Mall today.
I finally decided to get an Iphone & after long arguments with my husband he finally agreed to drive me to Calgary. It took us more than an hour to get to Market Mall (as we live further north). To my big surprise & regret, I was told that to get an iphone I need to place a reservation, yet, no matter which one you buy: 3Gs or 4G. These are not new on market & as per common sense & public expectation should be available in store for walk in. But no! There were about 10-15 Apple guys in store & minimum 3 of them had nothing to do. Yet they neither could explain such an unfriendly rule nor try anyhow to help. Nowhere on Apple website this "must have reservation" rule is obvious, this change is not stated until you actually start doing reservation. Moreover, when I tried to place a reservation at one point the website gave me a message that "Reservation is not possible, you can buy from the store on a first come-first serve basis." I have attached that screen snapshot here. So isn't that illegal for publicly traded company to create public expectation & not to follow it? How would people suppose to know? Especially those who had to drive a long way to get to the city. The staff in Apple Store was so unfriendly, so not helpful. I even waited at the store for next day reservation windows to open & booked for 9am. On my request to manager that please, it's just 1 h left till the store closes. You don't have reservation windows after 8pm anyway. Would you make an exception & sell me one phone" - he was absolutely not willing to help. So sad!
And this is not our first bad experience with Apple Store Customer Service in Market Mall. We had an issue with our MacBook still under warranty - mouse wouldn't work. We took it to the same Apple Store, but were told they can't accept it right away, they were suppose to call us when the part arrives. 2 month passed, during which we were unable to use the laptop. Couple time I dropped into the store, but they couldn't find my case without the paper they gave me. Apparently, as I found 1 more month later, our part never been ordered. The lame explanation like, we must have called & left you a message & you didn't show up almost killed me! How come I get all the messages but from Apple Store? How come they couldn't find my order when I personally came to the shop? I had a strong impression that they were pulling time. By the time I've got my MacBook repaired only 1 month was left under the warranty. Now 3 month later I experience mouse problems again, but now I have no more warranty period left & wish I could get back those 3 month Apple Store have stolen from me. :(
Well, I am definitely not recommending Apple products to anyone until they start respecting their customers.
By the way as I was told by the store manger Gavin today, next week when Ipad2 is coming, they are not planning to use their reservation system, they prefer to keep people in line for hours instead! Total absurd & disrespect to people!

bad customer service

illegal fees

Apple store offer a 6 month deferred payment through barcley when purchasing a computer. I used this and 2 months later received a $25 late fee notice. Called them and was told fees are never waived and if I didn't make minimum payments the fees would continue. No minimum payments were required under the original deferred payment option offered, and after fully paying off the entire amount, less the late fee, I was told there would be another late fee charged on the unpaid late fee.
No one is willing to discus the issue with me, and I was repeatedly told no fees are ever waived. I paid the late fee and closed my account.
Strongly advise anyone considering this company to avoid them.

deplorable customer service

I've always been satisfied with the many new iPod models that I have purchased in the past. However, Apple's Customer Service has become too deplorable to even give a decent rating to.

Over the past two months, I have sent my iPod Classic back to Apple to get repaired or replaced and twice they have sent me back my iPod claiming that they could not duplicate the issue.

My problems stems from a consistent grinding noise that appears to come from within the iPod and Apple Technicians refuse to service it even though it remains under warranty. Apple seems to be taking the attitude to draw out my warranty so that it will run out and they won't have to repair it.

Apple's Customer Support and their technicians are the worst experience I have ever encountered and I would never recommend any of their products to anyone thinking of purchasing an iPod or an iMac.

• JuliePooh51265 Jan 31, 2011

Maybe the problem isn't with the iPod but with the earbuds or headphones. Did you try another set of buds or phones before sending the iPod to Apple?

When I had problems with my iPhone4, I had nothing but terrific service from the Apple technicians that I worked with.

• So
    so-sad Dec 16, 2014

I find getting a caring and sincere Apple representative is 70/30, leaning towards an arrogant, insignificant, self centered representative. They must think their behavior is something to aspire towards. Even the supervisors are protective of their wrongdoers and will not issue an apology for poor behavior. I've noticed Apple doesn't take well to constructive comments from its customers. Apple is all about control - they want to tell you "how" and "what" whether it is music, computing or how you are supposed to feel about being treated poorly by representatives. Apple has become it's own worst enemy - egotistical company. Pride is one thing treating customers poorly (after they get your money) is another.
    They are not even a shadow of the company they used to be - when their customer service was the friendliest most helpful group on the planet. The fact that management (escalating a complaint) is unapologetic and a complaint appears to be nothing more than a mild inconvenience speaks volums. They have shown little interest in flushing out the evil doers, retraining them or show tim the door. If management is condescending, and arrogant, employees emulate this behavior. It has to come from somewhere and because it has grown worse in recent years one can easily surmise that it trickles down from above. Fact is Im a windows user and I recently experienced three interactions with Apple customer service because of a gift I received. Instead of capturing a new customer, I'm returning the Apple product and will likely not purchase gift cards for the grand kids at Apple again. How long can this poor behavior be tolerated before customers simple turn away from the offender? When one receives better customer service from non-Apple product manufacturers it is easy to say No thanks to Apple.

I lost my phone

Today earlymorning while i was sleeping i kept my phone 4 charging and kept on computer table...someone stolen that phone and charger by cutting the window mesh with the help of some sticks..so please help in getting back my phone..and i lost my phone number also([protected]).

Adusumilli Srikanth,
s/o A.Srinivasa chandra kumar,
h no:94, j.d.nagar 2nd cross,
vijayawada,
Andhra pradesh.
ph no:[protected], [protected]

Adusumilli Srikanth Jan 24, 2011

@anitha
    Do any one wish to loose cell phone intentionally? Will u blame the owner of house if huge burglary happened? That is lame...Itz not fair to talk like that...If u could help me do help or else plz dont react. U will understand this when u lost any valuable item...i bet then u wont be able to blame urself...

Adusumilli Srikanth Jan 25, 2011

@anitha
    this site is for complainting the problems what we have & getting help form this...

Adusumilli Srikanth Jan 25, 2011

@English Ian:No smile came 4 that joke rey...
    i just slept by opening the glass window only...

• Ng
    Nghi Phan Apr 05, 2011

They're a Scam...they stole money from me...

diytrade.com fraud/scam/cheat/theft

DIYTrade.com The largest scam network operated throughout china. We got this contact from www.DIYTrade.com...

lost phone

Dear Sir/Madam

Please find the IMEI No. of Apple I-Phone 3GS
Colour: White
IMEI No. [protected]

I have lost my phone near Convention Centre, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110068.

Mobile No. : +91-[protected]
Service Provider : Airtel, Chennai Region

Please help me trace this phone.

My Contact No. [protected]

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Kumar Ramani

customer service policy, customer care, customer relations

This company has no concern for it's customers at all. Their products and services, while innovative, are offered at ridiculous prices and made by the lowest bidding manufactures with the lowest quality of materials and software.

Furthermore, their products rarely, if ever, offer any options for the customer in terms of service, usage, or repair.

Despite several cases of misadvertising and manufactured defects, this company continues to boast that it's products are top-of-the-line, flawless inventions of divine inspiration when in fact they are stamping on consumer rights and suppressing third-party competition.

If this isn't a scam I don't know what is.

msleading ads

I have complained via voice message to East Coast Mac at [protected] and also email to [protected]@gmail.com

Also filed a complaint at www.peopleclaim.com, see attachment.

Here is copy from Amazon.com

Thanks for your order, Sumana Murthy!
Want to manage your order online?
If you need to check the status of your order or make changes, please visit our home page at Amazon.com and click on Your Account at the top of any page.
Purchasing Information:

Sumana Murthy
6 Hillcrest Court
Old Tappan, NJ 07675

Order Grand Total: $858.94
Get the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card and earn 3% rewards on your Amazon.com orders.
Order Summary:
Shipping Details : East Coast Macs
Order #: [protected]
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $849.95
Shipping & Handling: $8.99
------
Total for this Order: $858.94

Delivery estimate: October 27, 2010 - November 12, 2010
Shipping estimate for these items: October 21, 2010 - October 22, 2010

1 "Apple MacBook MC516LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop"
Personal Computers; $849.95
Sold by: East Coast Macs

online fraud

Product/Service :
All brand Telecom & Computer Product: Apple iPhone, HTC, BB, Samsung, Sony Erricson

Address : 2 unverified
1. Shanghai city No. 256 Pudong South Road, Huaxia Bank Building, Room [protected]
Zip Code: 200120

2. 6 Building 1701# licheng district putian city 351100 fujian province china

Country:
China

Contact Name :
full name: shun xing zheng
Known as: Ms Meggi

Boss' name: shun wang (unverified)

Contact's E-Mail :

Method of Payment :
Western Union

Is the Scammer still trading :

Details :
I ordered an Apple MacBook(MC516CH/A) but I never received it. They claimed it was lost by the delivery service EMS but I never even received confirmation of shipment. About two weeks after payment, I received a few tracking numbers but they were all invalid. I demanded answers and a refund but they didn't want ot hear any of it. They wanted me to buy more of the same item for me to get my first order.

I contacted western union about it but they said that they could not do anything.

I wanted to contact the Shanghai police but I couldn't succeed. They have a website but most of it is in chinese so my plan failed.

I was hoping that someone could help me

horendous repair service from apple for an ipod

I sent my ipod in for repairs under warranty as the dock was not working. I clearly stated that the docking station was the issue and included all componenets in the return. Apple took about 4 weeks to respond after which they returned the ipod in EXACTLY the same condition that it went in - ie. the dock was still not working! I sent it back in - which is a 45 minute drive for me - and after about 2 weeks was told that I have to pay for the repairs. I originally handed the ipod in on 7 August and it is now mid October. I am upset as they have not indicated any wish to compensate me for the time wasted. I have lodged a complaint with Mfundo at the call centre and a week later am still waiting on a response. I am furious about it and ready to go to the papers.

• Sl
    Slaarwalhz Jan 19, 2011

I had a similar issue with my laptop. Everyone knows about what happened. (My family and friends). I feel apple doesn't care if they lose a customer, due to poor customer service. In fact, the two serice reps who helped me, one being a manager, were arrogant, rude, condesending, and combative. I am so irritated.

i-tunes gift card

I purchased an i-tune gift card at a grocery store in town. I scratched off the label, as instructed gently using a coin, and 2 of the letters/numbers were unreadable. So I contacted Apple and they said I had to fill out forms for a refund and send it in. I said there is a card number on the back. Isn't there a way to pull up the code? They really need better ways to have the code printed on the back of the card. Too many people have had the same problem and they know you are not going to take the time to fill out forms to mail in for a refund. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, fix your code listings on the back of your cards!!!

my computer won't power up

I was having trouble powering my iMAC up. I looked on the net and found justanswer.com.
I put my card and personal info into the website. At this point I had neither written about my problem or spoken to anyone about it.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm which I wanted an answer.But I then checked my bank account and $48 had been taken out. Again, this money went out before I had any contact with sn

fraud and scam

We purchased as $699 US crappy ipad equipment, it blocks, halts, overheats, and flashes whenever it wants, we have tried to use it for days but it is only unreliable, it does not connect properly, is blinks on and on, until we just had enough. So we went to Aventura mall where it was purchased for some form of support or even a simple refund on this crappy item. But we were surprised, by this band of robbers, this organized crime company, that instead of serving us properly, to offer some form of solution, to even see the multiple problems of the thing, they simply made us wait for a few minutes and then we realized it was because they called the police on us to escort us out of the premises. We even filed a report against the attendant named KELLY.

The serial on the ipad is:

GB019AQ7A90 model A1337

[protected]

Then you may think apple would care, but no, we called public relations of apple, some person named "CARRY" answered, she promised to correct the problem, to talk to the people at the store and provide some form of solution, but no, nothing happened for days, then we called again and she said there is nothing they can do...

So if they took our money, they gave us a piece of faulty equipment, they refuse to answer for the guarantee and the deny service, I call it a simple robbery.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM APPLE, THEY GIVE ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS, INCOMPATIBLE TECONOLIOGY, WORST SERVICE, HIGH PRICED CHINA MADE CRAP, NO LOYALTY TO WHO EVER TRUST THEM.

I WILL GO ON, TO THE AUTHORITIES, AND TO THE MEDIA, BECAUSE REGARDLESS THIS PIECE OF CRAP THEY CALL IPAD.

APPLE STORE WHICH BELONGS TO APPLE INC. CAUSE ME AND MY HUSBAND (75YR OLD) TO BE ESCORTED BY THE POLICE, SO THEY WILL BE CALLED BY OUR LAWYER SOON, AND WE WILL SHOW EVERYBODY THE SCAM BEHIND THIS "GARAGE" COMPANY NAMED APPLE.

JacD54 Feb 05, 2010

I loved Apple...until now. I have had my iPhone and ipod both for about a year. I noticed the other day that the white charging cord that comes with each device had a defect. The rubber which encases the cord's electrical wire was tearing and seperating from the USB plug on one cord and the plug that is inserted into the Apple device on the other cord. The bare wire is exposed!! I called Apple and told that it was not an fire hazard. Yeah right! They told me to go to the local Apple Store to exchange it. I went to the Apple store and they told me that they would order me a new cord and that it would take a few weeks!! Although they had a display of 30 cords in the store, they couldn't give me one because they were "sellable". What does that mean? If I took a gallon of milk back to the store because it was sour, would it be acceptable to turn the customer away and say that they would call me when they had received more milk in when there was a whole friggin' case of it in the store?!?! The charging plugs are a clear product design defect that should be addressed. The customers who have experienced this issue should not be given the run around and should get a replacement IMMEDIATELY. Why risk the exposure and bad press if one of these cords starts a fire or causes a death? I was going to buy a Mac Book Pro computer...now I'm going to have to reconsider!!

Samilio Sep 27, 2011

Apple's Snow Leopard operating system upgrade is offered at $29.95, but will be included with all new purchases. Those who purchased after 6/8/09, the date the upgrade was announced, may receive a discount of $20.00 on this upgrade. Having purchased a new IMAC on 6/6/09 I believed the discount should be extended. After speaking with numerous customer service reps I was told there was nothing that could be done. In contrast, when Windows upgrades their operating system you can upgrade free. This complaint is a matter of principle, the shortsightedness of Apple's supposed 'customer friendly' reputation does not extend to satisfying customers over simple matters such as this. I am frustrated, upset, and will now continue to let all who want to hear how poor this company's attitude is to their customers.

Damler Mar 30, 2012

Yesterday I changed my AT&T plan from pre-paid to post-paid because Apple store in Pentagon City Mall told me we have "iPhone 4s" available for you as AT&T upgrade. But when I went back there they said me you should reserve it for tomorrow. So I did it and today I went there again to pickup my iPhone, but they said me we need your ID. I gave them my foreign passport and my Green Card, but they don't accept those documents as proof! They said we need your ID of driving license. So I want complaint about this policy of Apple Inc. that cause I lost money (because my prepaid charge was able till 11/27/2011 but because Apple store wrong answer I lost about $33). And 3 weeks delay to receive my iPhone.

iphone 4 is non-serviceable

As a 20 year avid Mac user and technician, it really pains me to write this- especially since I know the...

appalling service

iStudio staff are rude, avoid anyone with a problem and then try and avoid making replacements under the Apple warranty schemes.

They lie about warranty issues in the hope that you will buy a replacement.

I have just had to stage a 'sit in' to get my three month old magsafe adaptor replaced after it failed and was tested by iStudio and found to be faulty.

I was advised that it would have to be repaired then replaced in a week then a few days. I was offered an old one as a replacement and finally after I refused to sign a very dubious document or to leave the store I was given a straight replacement which they should have done in the first place.

I guess they thought I was a rich foreigner so would just buy a new one. WRONG!

They have a great scam. They outsource the service and warranty to a separate provider and then they can offload all problems on the spot. Sorry iStudio but you don't get out of it that easily.

They should be reported to the authorities in Singapore as operating a scam.

dagaga Nov 09, 2013

the iStudio in Siam Paragon sucks, they are rude and refuse to listen to the problems of costumers. They don't even make an afford to listen to our problems.