Apple Online Store / credit card fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Discover card statement had two large charges from apple online store Ca. 1st charge was $1, 200.00 the 2nd $1, 300.00. Discover cancelled card and said an investigation will be determined within 90 days.
Discover validated charges as fraudulent yet how was merchandise sent to another address without first determining if that large purchase is even valid? Shipping expensive purchases other than to my address should immediately be flagged as suspicious activity. Is this store in violation of such activities as a regularly known occurance? Or is this a case of lax security on behalf of discover card?

Please know these events took place today and are disturbing to see.

Please help me if there is anything that can be done in addition to before mentioned

david tumpeer

Dt

Comments

• Mc
      23rd of Dec, 2015

I had a charge on apple online on 12/22/2015 on my check card made in CA. I did not make the purchase even though it was taken out of my account. I believe if more information had been taken this would of not gone through. When I called apple they told me after it had been put through they caught it in their second phase. Of course I'm tbe one who is out the money and at Christmas time no less. I have checks coming in from my children which are going to bounce. If they know it was fraud and was done illegally then why won"t they put my money back in as fast as they take it?? They now tell me I won"t have it for 8-10 days. So who suffers?? ME. I will not ever buy anything g apple again. I believe they need to verify better than taking your money first.