Anytime Fitness / fraud and scam

In Livermore, CA we paid our almost $200 processing fee to Anytime Fitness Livermore and it's been 6 months and they haven't opened. I've called them numerous times and no one answers the phone. I've emailed them and no one responds. When we signed up, they said at the end of July 2008 the site will open, then they said October 1st 2008. It's the middle of Fall and we signed up before Summer, and we've never been inside!

They invited us to a "Pre-Grand Opening", which was sooo lame. 3 people were there. I suspect they had the party to calm the customers, some of who have been waiting 8 months. At the "party" they wouldn't give tours of the facility like they promised, but instead allowed us to look in the window.

It's so dumb. I drive by everyday and see everything ready to go. I'm getting nervous like they might close up and steal our money.

Va

Comments

• Sk
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Same here, calls and emails have been unanswered, the opening date pushed out and no one to comment. If they won't open before December I'll ask for my money back. All of it.

• Di
      4th of Apr, 2009

Have any of you contacted the home office ? It is a franchsie and I am sure they will get to the situation? driving by doesnt do any good and if your "getting scared" then call the FRANCHISE HOME OFFICE . And with no services provided within a reasonable amount of time they should refund your money.

• Co
      16th of Sep, 2009

You could contact the Franchises Corporate Personnel @ www.anytimefitness.com.

• Bu
      11th of Nov, 2009

Thank you so much to all of you that take the time to post good or bad. I was thinking of signing my daughter and myself at the anytime fitness in springtown.

I can't really afford it but I thought it would be good for us since the only man I will ever love left and I just have a lot of time and a lot of pie.