Anthem Blue Cross / High and Dry after Years of $$$$

San Francisco, CA, United States

Folks, if you think you're covered in case of an emergency by your health insurance plan, THINK AGAIN. I suggest you read the fine print in your policy terms -- that is, if you can find the fine print. I thought I was covered until about 6 weeks ago when I suffered a pulp amputation in my right thumb. I spent a day at the emergency center having surgery performed on my thumb to re-attach the pad. Although badly disabled after the surgery, I was relieved that at least I had insurance. WRONG. They denied almost every single claim submitted to them by the various providers that worked on me. Even when treated by their so called "Participating Providers, " they only pay what they consider a "usual and customary" amount for that service. I ended up having to pay for the entire bill minus $135. The bill runs into the thousands. What's my complaint. Buried in their website, which of course is full of beautiful smiling people and is oh so user friendly, this "usual and customary" amount information is almost impossible to find. Nobody at their own customer service center could find it!!! Don't waste your precious dollars with this immoral company. Their health insurance is a fraud and a scam. I can only imagine the pain and desperation caused by this company to people who have a much more serious illness.

Anthem Blue Cross Logo Anthem Blue Cross