Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Logo

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Having problems with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield?

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 6, 2007. The latest review Ingenio Pharmacy was posted on Oct 9, 2021. The latest complaint Changed primary provider was resolved on Dec 14, 2010. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 31 reviews. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield has resolved 10 complaints.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service Contacts

120 Monument Circle
Indianapolis, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service. Initial Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Discuss the issues you have had with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Anthem Blue Cross — Insurance cancelled

I was an RN for Anthem for 2.5 years. Prior to being layed off 12/31 I was told that my spouse would be on...

Anthem Blue Cross Richmond VirginiaNot paying for mediocine

Never ever buy insurance from these people. They have put me thru it over a drug prescribed by my doctor. If the medicine is over $100.00 they make you try not one but two different medicines and still would not pay for it. I ended up paying for my medicine out of my pocket in desperation after trying for weeks for them to pay for it.
We pay almost $10, 000 per year in premiums. No one in management takes phone calls. They are too busy spending the millions they make for doing nothing. They should be run out of business for defrauding people.

Respond

Anthem Blue Cross - Kentucky — Age Discrimination and Retaliation

I spent 28 dedicated years of my life as a Blue Cross employee in Kentucky. When Wellpoint (California'...

AnthemDenail of claim due to expired pre-certification

My Doctor wanted a test performed 50 miles from my house, which was still covered by Anthem. The request was made 11/24/08, but due to bad ice storms and lake effect snow, I rescheduled the appointment 4 times. Finally, 1/12/2009 I made the drive and had test completed. Insurance denied claim indicated beyond the 30 day auth window. No problem, Doctor will contact the insurance and get a post certificaiton for procedure. Nope! Procedure needed to be done within 30 days. Now Anthem insurance is fighting saying they can't do anything since we are too far out... hello...
    Anthem sucks!!!

1 Response

Anthem Blue Cross And Blue Shield — Deceptive Trade Practices and Fraud: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Los Angeles, CA

Deceptive Trade Practices and Fraud: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Los Angeles, CA Earlier in the year...

Anthem Blue CrossPrior Authorization of Drug Coverage

On April 28, 2009, my neurologist prescribed a medication to replace one that I had been on since 2004. I have developed some side effects and find it is no longer effective. We submitted the request per instrucions to request an urgent processing of this claim. I was denied coverage on May 4, 2009. We again were given instructions about how to appeal a denial of claim and again faxed the required forms with the information we were told to provide. I was assured that I would have approval within 72hours as I had already complied with one of the "step therapy" requirements.
      As of today, 5/28/09, I have spoken with 19 Senior Services Representatives, been told by one that I would never receive authorization, told by another that I should not have any problems being approved and that my policy will cover the medication, told by another that there is no record of the necessary paperwork reaching the prior authorization department and today I have been hung up on twice.

I would like to know what recourse I have and what options I have left. I cannot affort to pay for the medication out of pocket - this one is over $350 per month and I am on 9 other medications for my MS, Gout and now Neuropathy.

• Fa
          FAMILY RIGHTS Jun 17, 2009

Contact your state's insurance regulatory agency. They should be in the blue pages of the phone book - or you can call your local Better Business Bureau office to find out who to complain to.

You can file an appeal with your insurer. Get your doctor to submit an appeal letter too to help you.

Be sure you keep a copy of any correspondence you send to this insurance company. Write down the dates & times of any phone conversations, and the names of the people you speak with. They'll lie and say they didn't speak with you. Keep good notes... Keep a file of all your info submitted to them.

Insurance companies will do anything to get out of approving & paying claims.

Contact these people. They should help you file an appeal if you need help - and they do not charge anything:

Anthem Blue Cross — Stonewalling claims payment

I have yet to have a medical claim paid since signing on with Anthem Blue Cross PPO January 2009. Despite my...

Anthem Blue Cross CaliforniaPiracy

I'm on hold trying to get through to Blue Cross, so I have lots of time to rant about their horrible service. They charged me $2.00 to send me a bill. The bill said to call a number to sign up for automatic pay. Then the message on the phone said it would cost me $15. I pay outrageous insurance premiums and they charge me extra for everything they do. What a RIP OFF! Can't any regulatory group get off the lobbyist teat long enough to control this monster!

Respond

Anthem Blue Cross — High and Dry after Years of $$$$

Folks, if you think you're covered in case of an emergency by your health insurance plan, THINK AGAIN. I...

Anthem Blue CrossStonewalling

I called to inquire why a recent prescription was not covered. I spent 35 minutes on the first call without an answer. Two days later, I spent 65 minutes on the phone with them, no answer. Today, I received two voicemails, one from "Michael" and another from "Lauren". They both said they had answers for me and to call them at [protected] and [protected], respectively. Both of those phone numbers are disconnected. I called the main line and they were unable and unwilling to connect me to those extensions or people, and said they were unwilling to hear my claim again since it's obviously being taken care of.

A response to another post indicated asking for the "Executive Inquiry Group" is a worthwhile attempt to get answers to questions that you'd otherwise expect to be answered. Will try that next.

Meanwhile, who is paying my bill for 1.9 hours of phone time??

2 Responses
            • Gi
              Gilles Combrisson Oct 08, 2008

See this story about Anthem Blue Cross:
              http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-insure17apr17, 1, 2675470.story

Do a search on google for "complaints anthem blue cross" Aye Caramba! I am canceling my membrship TODAY!

• Gi
              Gilles Combrisson Oct 08, 2008

See my post called "High and Dry after years of $$$" This company s*cks! I know exactly what you are feeling. When I called them I had a representative who had OBVIOUSLY been trained to recite to angry customers exactly the reason why their claims were denied. He ran down a list of excuses like "hmmm, let me see, no. not that one... oh, that one could work. Oh but wait, here's a good one: we only pay what is a "usual and customary amount for those services." There you are sir, does this answer your question?"
              If anybody out there uses this company, BEWARE BEWARE! You may not be covered as you think you are covered. PLEASE take the time to review their terms, and don't be fooled by their website full of "Happy Smiling People" IT'S A COMPLETE FRAUD.

Anthem Blue Cross And Blue Shield - Staples Mill Road Richmond, VAUnauthorized debit

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - Staples Mill Road Richmond, VA.

On July 20, Anthem debited $641 out of my checking account without my knowledge or permission. On Monday morning, I called Anthem. Customer service transferred me to Ms. Vera Moyer . I gave her my personal ID number to look up the transaction. She said that Anthem had not taken money from my account, other than cashing the check that I send them each month. Ms. Moyer said she would look into it and call me back no later than Tuesday. She never called. I've called her several times. I have yet to get a call back from her. On Thursday, I received a phone call from Michelle in member services. She assured me that the matter would be taken care of . I called her on Friday to make sure that she had received the information from my bank that I had faxed her. She said she had. The $641 was transferred back into my checking account. I was told by Michelle that the overdraft fees and transfer charges would be returned as well. She said that Ms. Moyer was responsible for cutting the check and that it would be mailed overnight, arriving by no later than today (Tuesday July 31). I, nor the bank has received anything. I have also never received an explanation (verbal or written) as to how and why this transaction occurred. Supposedly a Ms. Sweitzer will send me a written explanation in 10-14 days. I ask for it in writing. Ten to fourteen additional days is a little ridiculous. This has been going on for 11 days now without resolution. Everyone seems to be passing the buck! I feel I have been treated very poorly.

• Di
                Dick Tyler Aug 08, 2007

I used to work work this company and I saw this all the time, and they don't care about over drafting your account, and I'm sure with the way that the company is structured that you will not hear anything for long time... I suggest you call back and ask to be transferred to the executive inquiry group, that will get you to the president of the company, and only then will something get done. Needless to say they only hire former mcdonalds employees that they can run over, I spoke my mind and I'm no longer there. I hope this helped you.