Ancestry.com / deleting account
Ancestry.com refuses to remove my account and personal information from their website (after a relative kindly created the account for me). After requesting that they delete my account, here is the response:
"... as the Registered Guest accounts are designed to give unlimited access to our free services, there is not an established method to cancel these accounts. When you have concluded using your Registered Guest account, simply discontinue your use. You will never be charged. We hope that you enjoy your Registered Guest account with Ancestry.com. Other types of participation on Ancestry.com may require a paid account. "
Translation: we will never delete your personal information, so stop asking and be grateful that we won't charge you for it.
Avoid this website like the plague. These kind of shady practices are despicable.
More Ancestry.com Complaints & Reviews
- Ancestry.com - Scam and fraud 
- Ancestry.com - Impossible cancellation of a registered guest 
- Mfi Family Ancestry / Ancestry.com - Credit card fraud! 
- Ancestry.com - credit card fraud 
- Ancestry. Co. Uk - scam 
- Ancestry - linking family members
- Ancestry - refund
- Ancestry - ancestry.com membership
- Ancestry - automatic renewal 
- Ancestry - ancestry records