Amscot / I felt that I was robbed and could not do anything about it

United States Review updated:

I went into the Amscott on Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando. My Cashier check was $2000.00. Brian the cashier refuse to give it back. I then ask Brian to give me back my check on many occasions, He refused each time. His supervisor said once we give the check they can not give us the check back. I said again give back my check and I take some place to cash it again they did give us our check. You have not cashed the check why can you give it to me. The supervisor with a negative attitude at this pointed to a sticker and said call the corporate. I and tire of you asking for your check. They took a told of $336 out my check. I also notice a young woman next to me camplaining about a check they were to hold until that day..but then sent to the bank on Friday..again another person asking for their check back and Amscott refusing to give theie checks back. I felt that I was robbed and could not do anything about it. I wonder if this a common practice this company?

Ba

Comments

• Am
      27th of Mar, 2012

Hi,

My name is Ben and I work at Amscot's Home Office. I sent you a message with my contact information. Please contact me and I'll be happy to work with you to resolve your complaint. Thank you.

• Do
      1st of Jan, 2014

If you asked for the check cashing fee for a check amount and think that it is too high you do have the right legally to go elsewhere to cash your check. If this was the case, what they did was illegal and you should take this matter to court even if you took the rest of the money. Do not be afraid to go before a Judge yourself without a Lawyer and tell what happened to you. Start with the District Attorney's Office and file a complaint.