Amscotlied, overcharged, and guaranteed my refund would be here and isn't

I would to start off saying I am a married mother of two. Me and my husband went through Turbo Tax online to get an idea of what we were getting back before we went in. Then we went to Amscott with their (fastest REFUND Guarantee) and spoke to a Tax Specialist (Carlos) and everything came up the same... Except Amscot is extremely HIGH and wanted over 300 dollars for their services. They GUARANTEED it would be here 7-13 days and guess what? It is not here. And they blame the IRS. My uncle filed his with Turbo Tax and he got his refund in a week. SO WHERE IS MY GUARANTEE? They are liars. And I called them and they are so rude the lady left me on hold for 15 min and just left me there. We are counting on this money to move and they SCAMMED over 300 dollars out of us for NOTHING. Even if it is the Irs's fault... How can a company "guarantee" something that they can't guarantee! Don't waste your time with this place. WWW.Turbotax.com is the only place they have done what they were told. What did I pay 300 dollars for Amscot I hope you do read this. I want my 300 dollars back! They want to lie to me... Fine they are going to wish they never did this. I hope they get shut down for being scam artists!

• Da
    Dana84 Apr 24, 2012

Yes Steve May, does work for Amscots Tax Department.Steve May is the Director over Amscots Tax Department. My husband and I went to the branch located on Apopka Vineland, in February of 2010. Jonell did our taxes, right off the bat, we could see he was not very experienced. When everything was all said and done, he told my husband that he owed $1, 100 dollars. Which we couldn't understand because we've always gotten money back at the end of the year. The next morning we get a call from Melissa the Branch Manager, she informed us that Jonell had made a mistake because I had printed out the wrong year for his unemployment, I printed out 2008 not 2009 she informed us we needed too come back down and resign all the paperwork. Before going I printed out the right form and took it down too her and she fixed everything, so we thought. In September of 2010, my husband gets a letter from the IRS stating that he owed $675.00. Turns out Melissa didn't included the unemployment as she had stated. So from September right up until today, Ive been going back and forth with Amsoct with no results. Yesterday I spoke with Steve May and again I was told they would resolve the issue and once again nothing has been resolved. I feel if our taxes had been done right too start with, my husband wouldn't have received a letter from the IRS saying he owes $675.00 and all Amscott is willing too pay is the $5.00 interest fee. If you want too save yourself the headache and stress "DO NOT GO TOO AMSCOT. IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU'LL EVER MAKE".

Dana

• Te
    tellingsecrets Mar 10, 2012

Why would u agree to pay 300 when u had ur answer right there on turbo tax? Amscot did not force u to use their services. u have issues beyond their control obviously and u r just a complainer like most amscot customers. wanting something for nothing...

• Am
    Amscot Feb 20, 2012

Hi,

My name is Stephen May, I work at Amscot Home Office in the Tax Department and will be happy to discuss and resolve your complaint and assist you in resolving the IRS delay in funding your tax return. Please call [protected] and ask for ext 6274. Hope to hear from you.

Steve