AmeriCredit / third party disclosure

AZ, United States Review updated:
I am late this month on my car loan with Americredit; the next day after being late they call every hour of the day; every day even on Sundays. Yesterday they called my son and left a message for him to call them about my loan. Today another collector called leaving a full detailed message to my son about my loan. This is illegal and called third party disclosure. How awful and embarrassing.

Comments

V
  22nd of Nov, 2008
My family is being harassed by Americredit over a truck that they got returned to them last year by my stepson, it seems to have disappeared! Now they are having Night Hawk Recovery Agents coming to my home trying to "date" me and befriend me just to get information.
They are low bottom feeders, and should be put out of business. I am seeking legal advise this coming week, I have been called numerous times and lied too, and the Agent from Night Hawk asked me for a loan to pay his rent, I think they are all stalkers and should be put in jail!
Lc
  12th of Dec, 2008
Thank you. I was late on a payment and they harassed by grandparents, parents and a friend who I had put down as references. I couldn't believe it. I had no cell service at work so IF they tried to call me I never received their calls until after work when I could check my messages. By that time they had already called half my family asking where I was and telling them how late I was and that I owed this much, etc.
When I called and spoke to a supervisor about it, he called me a liar and told me that no information was ever released. I told him we had recorded the messages and saved them and my lawyer would be contacting them and he hung up on me. I understand it's my fault when I'm late on a payment, but life happens sometimes and I was laid off of my job and couldn't make the payment. How can a company disclose information to others?