America's Servicing Company / Damaged credit report due to misinformation given repeatedly to this company

I bought a house in June 2006. My first payment was due July 1, 2007. Since that time, the loan was sold to GMAC and one month later, it was sold to ASC. All of my payments are current however, ASC claims I am behind one payment. Since October, I have called and sent ASC copies of my cancelled checks verifying my payments- no correction was made. I talked to supervisors, managers, reps begging them to correct my account. I have the names of the people I talked to and they agreed I was right. I asked them if their error would affect my credit and they indicated "no" - in fact, I had to beg to get a letter from them to get this in writing. According to ASC policy, they do not send out any letters involving their accounts - so I was happy about receiving my letter. This week, I applied to refi and found out ASC reported this to the credit bureaus and my score dropped dramatically - I am so frustrated with them. My main account is held at Wells Fargo and I am shocked to find a subsidiary of theirs is allowed to get away with these tactics that ruin people's credit. Let's stop this rip-off.

Comments

Aj
  5th of Mar, 2007

I had the exact same problem. I resolved it by writing to RESPA and copying the CEO at America's Service Company and at my previous servicer. Office of RESPA at HUD in Washington DC can give you the fax and address info for the CEOs.