Americas Servicing Company / Destroyed my credit

United States Review updated:
I asked ASC if I could skip a payment and make it up over 6 months. They said sure and then come to find out they where reporting that I was 30 and 60 days late to the credit bureau and destroyed my credit. They never told me about this and I found out 6 months later that this was happening when I went to buy a car. Nice mortgage firm! They then jacked up my interest rate and I went to refinance with someone else and no one will even look at me because of late payments that I acquired over the six months it took to repay the one month I skipped.
Va

Comments

Bj
  11th of Nov, 2008
The real issue with this - is the fact that they are allowed to do this - if you make an alternate arrangement with a servicer - and you keep it - that agreement should be considered paid as agreed and on time. They should not be allowed to continue to drag your score down while you are doing what you were told. I do know they do it, because it also happened to me. I even completed my catch up early - and that counts for nothing - nothing else I had was late - but my scores are trashed because of the repayment plan. The system is messed up - 5 minutes to ruin your score - 7 years to repair it.

America's Servicing Company [ASC] Logo America's Servicing Company [ASC]