Americas Best Contact and Eyeglasses / Bad service & product

1 Roanoke, VA, United States Review updated:

I went in to America's Best, thinking I was going to get a good deal on a contact prescription, I was WRONG. I should have knew when I first walked in and overheard on of the sales ladies taking advantage of a elderly women, convincing her that her eye's needed $400 glasses. So after waiting for about an hour I saw the Doctor for about 2 minutes, and then said I need to try these contacts and come back in a week for another apt, just to tell her they are ok.

I asked for my prescription when I left and they said I couldn't have it, because I would have to come back in a week after wearing their contacts to order some through them. I went home and found this to be very ILLEGAL, and called them and finally had them send my prescription, only to find out that the brand on the Rx was one of their brands (which I did not want), and when I called to ask them to change the brand on my Rx, they said I would have to come in a pay for another eye exam!!! Please take my advise and do not go here, I don't even think my Rx was accurate, because it was "better" than my last Rx from 4 years ago..hmm.. VERY UNLIKELY!

Comments

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2010

We strive to provide all of our customers with excellent customer service. Unfortunately, we failed to meet our goal in your experience. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you have experienced with one of our locations.

Our doctors are Independent Doctors of Optometry. It is at their discretion on how they treat and evaluate the health of your eyes. In many instances, most Doctors require follow up visits to ensure proper fitting of the lenses and to make sure there are no additional issues during the 'week trial' ie. headaches, comfort, etc. Our Doctors are looking out for your best interest in the health of your eyes and often require a follow up visit before releasing prescriptions.

You can easily request a different brand with the Doctor and the Doctor should re-examine your eyes at no additional cost if you want to switch brands. Our contact lens brand is as good as most other brands and at a fraction of the cost.

If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations department at 800-411-1162.

• Ki
      30th of Mar, 2011

this is not illegal. if your dr is doing his job right you should be fit with cls then come back a week later to make sure the rx is good, lens is not floating, and there is not growth on the lenses. The dr's are following the state board handbook to the tee because if they dont they can be sued.