American Mattress / serta initiative plush mattress

1 United States

Purchased this mattress 9/26/2015, The mattress has issues and needs to be replaced. Mattress covered with the recommended elastic covering. Mattress became lumpy on top and the sides are sagging causing an issue for my disabled spouse to get out of the bag due to lack of support. The store stated we needed a fifth foot. The furniture maker says no. Serta won't stand by their product. American Mattress told us to stick a piece of wood under the bed for the inspector. This is not reputable and I will be filing a formal complaint with the State Consumer Group in IL. The ticket number is 1284684. The location is N. Clyborn Ave. This location also lied when the salesman said "it's unfortunate your salesman didn't tell you about a 5th foot". He was the salesman and denied remembering us. I have the invoice with his name. We were never told this and our bed is not made for a 5th foot. Product # [protected]-3. Why would we buy a product that didn't work for our bed...which we told them it was a platform bed. Additionally, I have the manufacturer' s confirmation this bed is not designed with a fifth foot.
We need an inspector to come see this mattress. We posted a complaint on Yelp as well. I do not want to deal with this location. Thank you

From Serta:

Wed, May 16, 4:30 PM
to me

Dear Lynn,
Reference Number: 000675021C

Thank you for contacting Serta. We are glad that you took the time to contact us and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Again, your European bed frame would suffice, we just recommend you add a center leg extending to the floor from the middle of your frame. Because as stated in the guidelines of our warranty, center support is required on a Queen mattress or larger. Once this has been done we would recommend speaking with someone in management at the store about possibly having the mattress re-inspected. We suggest that you continue to work with the store and address any concerns you may have.

If you should have any other questions, please call Serta Customer Service at 888-55-SERTA [protected]), option 2 for Warranty, then option 2 to speak with a representative. The office is open Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm EST.

Sincerely,