American Income / Unethical job interviewing!
I received a voicemail on the morning of 9 April 2008 from a woman identifying herself as Brigit Fisher from Human Resources at American Income. Ms. Fisher said in her message that an identified "senior manager" had seen my resume on the web, and was interested in interviewing me for a job.
I was curious (or gullible) enough to call back, and Ms. Fisher's behavior made me suspicious immediately. She did not recognize my name, she had not seen my resume, and she was vague about the position's requirements. When I asked her if she could send me a description of the position's requirements, she said she was "unable" to do that. She then asked if she could schedule me for an interview, and I said yes, but she refused to give me any contact information on the "senior manager" who would supposedly be interviewing me. I was simply given the address of an office in Edison, to show up there "dressed professionally, " and instructed to call Ms. Fisher's cell number if I had any questions. (I did get the "senior manager's" name, and it was Ms. Fisher's sister.) Ms. Fisher couldn't even give me American Income's website; she just suggested I Google it. Not exactly the sort of thing that inspires confidence in a prospective employee.
I checked out the Complaints Board, and my suspicions about Ms. Fisher and American Income were confirmed in no uncertain terms. People who have actually hit the bait and attended these interviews tell stories of being asked to fork over fees for "training" and other things, and have generally reported frustration, misleading claims, dishonest treatment, etc.
I have a feeling I didn't make much of a mistake when I decided to blow off this interview. I'd say that the most critical skepticism is warranted when it comes to dealing with American Income.
More American Income Complaints & Reviews
- American Income Life - ail is a fraud! 
- Ail / American Income - Job opportunity scam - beware 
- American Income Life - Scam and cheating! 
- American Income Life - Fraud & cheating! 
- American Income Life Insurance - Employment scam 
- American Income Life Insurance - recruiting 
- American Income Life Insurance - deceptive hiring practices.
- American Income Life Insurance - Lies, Deception, Lawbreaking
- American Income Life Insurance - life insurance
- American Income Life Insurance - American income life insurance