American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]ac unit

My name is Terri cruce. i live at 1621 Russet Crest Circle, Hoover, Al. 35244. My phone number is [protected]. I have been a customer for years and I have made very few service requests and the ones I have made have been on my AC units. I have two. June 1, 2018 my downstairs unit went down. It took over a month to get the unit repaired, including four trips. I was without air in my downstairs for almost two weeks. A little over a week after repairing that unit my upstairs unit went down. I reported this service request online on July, 15Th, 2018. I did not hear from the contractor ( Myers comfort specialists ) so two days later I decided I had better call. Ispoke with crystal who advised me that I would have to call AHS because they thought it was my downstairs unit again. I advised that I had made the request online. I then called and was told that the service request would be dated for the 17TH. I advised that I slept upstairs and that it was 84 degrees upstairs. A technician came out on Wednesday the 18Th and I was told that it was the motor to the unit and one would have to be ordered and mailed in. They would contact me when it came in. I did not hear from Myers and began calling AHS on Friday. On monday the 23RD I received a VM from Daniel advising that he was on the way to install the motor. I called Myers and spoke with Crystal again and advised I was at work and would not get off until 1400 MT. And that Daniel had left message he was en route. This was approximatedely 1230 MT. She contacted him and he advised he did not need me there to make repair. I got home and discovered the AC unit was not working. I went outside and looked at the unit and the fan was not turning. The temp. Upstairs was 81 degrees. Daniel left nothing advising that he had been there and I had received no call from Myers. I called AHS and spoke with Shaquita. She called the EMERGENCY number and said no one answered. She left me a VM on today, 7/24/18 advising that Daniel was at my home but the motor that was ordered did not work and another had to be ordered. I then called AHS and spoke with Coby who advised that Daniel had discovered that the fan was broken on the unit and another one had to be ordered and it might be next week before the unit was reapaired. This is unreasonable and shows there is no concern for the customer. I live in Alabama where the temps get in the 90's and even 100's and I have to be without air. I have to work to pay my bills and this heat can make people sick. I pay my premium on time to AHS and I have been treated in what I feel to be contempt. I guess there is nothing I can do unless I call someone else out to reapir this and I should not have to do that because that is why I have purchased the home warranty with AHS for years. I guess I am at your mercy or the mercy of Myers but you contracted this company out to do repairs and then allow them to treat customers this way. I am sure they would not treat someone that does not have a home warranty this way. I will however tell everyone I know of this experience as well as post about it on social media concerning AHS and Myers. I have already told some people and they had nothing but negative things to say about AHS. I might even speak with an attorney concerning this because this heat has been known to make people ill and even cause death. I have all the emails from the first service request on downstairs unit in June as well as the current one from AHS and Myers. I have dates and times and names of the persons I have spoken with. I also have all the VM recordings if these are needed.

Thank you. Terri cruce.

• Updated by Cruce, Jul 24, 2018

My name is Terri cruce. i live at 1621 Russet Crest Circle, Hoover, Al. 35244. My phone number is [protected]. I have been a customer for years and I have made very few service requests and the ones I have made have been on my AC units. I have two. June 1, 2018 my downstairs unit went down. It took over a month to get the unit repaired, including four trips. I was without air in my downstairs for almost two weeks. A little over a week after repairing that unit my upstairs unit went down. I reported this service request online on July, 15Th, 2018. I did not hear from the contractor ( Myers comfort specialists ) so two days later I decided I had better call. Ispoke with crystal who advised me that I would have to call AHS because they thought it was my downstairs unit again. I advised that I had made the request online. I then called and was told that the service request would be dated for the 17TH. I advised that I slept upstairs and that it was 84 degrees upstairs. A technician came out on Wednesday the 18Th and I was told that it was the motor to the unit and one would have to be ordered and mailed in. They would contact me when it came in. I did not hear from Myers and began calling AHS on Friday. On monday the 23RD I received a VM from Daniel advising that he was on the way to install the motor. I called Myers and spoke with Crystal again and advised I was at work and would not get off until 1400 MT. And that Daniel had left message he was en route. This was approximatedely 1230 MT. She contacted him and he advised he did not need me there to make repair. I got home and discovered the AC unit was not working. I went outside and looked at the unit and the fan was not turning. The temp. Upstairs was 81 degrees. Daniel left nothing advising that he had been there and I had received no call from Myers. I called AHS and spoke with Shaquita. She called the EMERGENCY number and said no one answered. She left me a VM on today, 7/24/18 advising that Daniel was at my home but the motor that was ordered did not work and another had to be ordered. I then called AHS and spoke with Coby who advised that Daniel had discovered that the fan was broken on the unit and another one had to be ordered and it might be next week before the unit was reapaired. This is unreasonable and shows there is no concern for the customer. I live in Alabama where the temps get in the 90’s and even 100’s and I have to be without air. I have to work to pay my bills and this heat can make people sick. I pay my premium on time to AHS and I have been treated in what I feel to be contempt. I guess there is nothing I can do unless I call someone else out to reapir this and I should not have to do that because that is why I have purchased the home warranty with AHS for years. I guess I am at your mercy or the mercy of Myers but you contracted this company out to do repairs and then allow them to treat customers this way. I am sure they would not treat someone that does not have a home warranty this way. I will however tell everyone I know of this experience as well as post about it on social media concerning AHS and Myers. I have already told some people and they had nothing but negative things to say about AHS. I might even speak with an attorney concerning this because this heat has been known to make people ill and even cause death. I have all the emails from the first service request on downstairs unit in June as well as the current one from AHS and Myers. I have dates and times and names of the persons I have spoken with. I also have all the VM recordings if these are needed.

Thank you. Terri cruce.