American Express — credit limit reduction
I recently returned from Afghanistan.
After inacting the federally mandated Service Members Civil Relief Act American Express told me thay had recieved negative cret information from Equifax and had to reduce my available credit.
I pulled my credit report and discovered my credit is super-clean without a single mark with a credit score is "excellent". My American Express account has always been paid in full and I have A+ credit. After years of trusting AMEX I find that I have no faith in the company. Who knows if the card will be accepted or declined when used. American Express FIRST lowers the available credit THEN sends out a notification letter. I guess they have better things to do than make money off of my business. Good riddence!
AMEX reduced my credit limit as an act of revenge for my enactment of the Service Members Civil Relief Act. How do I know? This is the second time they reduced my available credit and both times it was within days of either enacting the Service Members Civil Relief Act or days of renewing the Service Members Civil Relief Act. Coincidence? Nope!
I will be looking elsewhere for my financial requirements. American Express can no longer be trusted. Beware: they are beginning to show signs of financial collapse.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express - gift card
- American Express Credit Card - unauthorized credit card charges
- American Express - fraud consumer protection department
- American Express - failed fraud investigation
- American Express Travel Related Services Co, Inc. - travelers cheques refund claim