American Express/credit Secure / cancellation

American Express
New York
I've been a member of American Express since 2007, and have never defaulted. In fact in quite a number of times, I even made payments twice a month during the billing period. I noticed that after I joined American Express/Credit Secure, my two American express accounts were cancelled without any forwarning. I find this disconcerting since this arbitary cancellation will affect my credit standing. I had other non-American Express credit cards with high balances, and I always paid them on time. No one at American express has given me a valid reason for the cancellations. Therefore, I am making this formal Complaint against their company's practice of cancelling memberships without notice or reason.

A  2nd of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same thing happened to me in 2008. I had a Costco American Express card. I had 2100 spending limit on it. I usually used to spend a lot almost close to my credit line, but I always paid them on time and whether in full or maybe 10 dollars less than the whole amount. My credit score was always between 710-750 and that is good for a 19/20 year old male. I joined credistecure from American Express and all the bad things started happening! The reduced my limit to 1600, a month later 1200, next mont 900 and they finally sent me a letter indicating that your account has been closed due to ... a lot of pardon my language, but crappy reasons. I made the last payment and American Express was gone out of my wallet. However they sent me my points cashback after 6 months as a check. Anyways, even though American express did this, none of my other 3 major credit cards closed my account to date. After two years I came back to Amex for their Platinum card which is a charge card, so they cannot say you have a high balance or etc. It is much more expansive than the other one ( 500$ annual membership) and really it is just a classy piece of plastic not much more. Anyways, I like the Amex platinum but I am sure of one thing and that is not to open the creditsecure with AMERICAN EXPRESS. NEVER EVER!

American Express Travel Related Services Company Logo American Express Travel Related Services Company
American Express Customer Relations 02-04-40 4315 S 2700 W