American Express/credit Secure / cancellation

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I've been a member of American Express since 2007, and have never defaulted. In fact in quite a number of times, I even made payments twice a month during the billing period. I noticed that after I joined American Express/Credit Secure, my two American express accounts were cancelled without any forwarning. I find this disconcerting since this arbitary cancellation will affect my credit standing. I had other non-American Express credit cards with high balances, and I always paid them on time. No one at American express has given me a valid reason for the cancellations. Therefore, I am making this formal Complaint against their company's practice of cancelling memberships without notice or reason.

Ca

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2010

Same thing happened to me in 2008. I had a Costco American Express card. I had 2100 spending limit on it. I usually used to spend a lot almost close to my credit line, but I always paid them on time and whether in full or maybe 10 dollars less than the whole amount. My credit score was always between 710-750 and that is good for a 19/20 year old male. I joined credistecure from American Express and all the bad things started happening! The reduced my limit to 1600, a month later 1200, next mont 900 and they finally sent me a letter indicating that your account has been closed due to ... a lot of pardon my language, but crappy reasons. I made the last payment and American Express was gone out of my wallet. However they sent me my points cashback after 6 months as a check. Anyways, even though American express did this, none of my other 3 major credit cards closed my account to date. After two years I came back to Amex for their Platinum card which is a charge card, so they cannot say you have a high balance or etc. It is much more expansive than the other one ( 500$ annual membership) and really it is just a classy piece of plastic not much more. Anyways, I like the Amex platinum but I am sure of one thing and that is not to open the creditsecure with AMERICAN EXPRESS. NEVER EVER!