American Express / credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
I tried to make a purchase and was told there was an error and I will need a different form of payment. I thought the person was lying and trying to steal my credit card info because I know my account is in good standing. She told me to contact the credit card company. Found out my account was closed by a customer service rep, not by fraud dept. They lied and said I called to report my card lost. Mind you that was 6 months ago and I've had my replacement card ever since and had no problems until yesterday. I truly believe the service reps are trained to lie and they never follow thru on promises. Be very careful when dealing with this company.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express - discrimination 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help!