American Express Card / closed account for no reason

1 CA, United States Review updated:

As most folks American Express decided to one day just shut off our Platinum Card which was used for day to day business expenses and to accumulate points for Airline tickets and other things. We were on a flex pay plan that allowed us to carry a balance and pay less than the full balance, Mind you this is stil around $2500 a month to one card, They shut it down for no reason other than they screwed us out of 100k plus "points" And demanded we pay the balance immediatley, We refused for one becuase we could not afford to pay the balance in full. We still get calls from Natonwide Credit and they want checking information and payments of $1000 set up via automatic payments Iwas advised not to do this, Pay AMEX directly or ask for a settlement? Anyone out there go thrugh this>?

Comments

• Gr
      27th of Jun, 2007
    American Express Card - Settlement error
    India

We grand hotel having in merchant banking business with American Express Card vide MID No.9820119014. Now the settlement is not effecting with the machine.

• Mi
      8th of Apr, 2009

My husband and I went through something similar. We have Amex Blue and they decreased our credit line drastically even though our credit with them is pristine since 1995...it's just a sign of the times...

• Dv
      31st of Mar, 2012

I had the EXACT same thing happen...I had a Platinum Card and Green AMEX for two completely seperate corporations. My Fico scores were all above 726, no outstanding balance due to AMEX, ect. They literally just cancelled both cards and then i got the run around as to why. First I was told it was because i had 8 credit inquiries in past 30 days. So, I joined credit service and found outthis was not true! I faxed the credit report printouts to AMEX and was told I would receive a letter. Basically, i was told that i was ineligible for reinstatement!!! I was told that i could write and request exactly how i would like my AMEX Membership Rewards Points used. MEMBERSHIP REWARDS CORRESPONDENCE UNIT
    AMEX MEMBERSHIP REWARDS
    PO BOX 297813
    FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33329-7813
    1-800-567-1083
    It seems so unfair that a credit card company can do this without any cause!!!