American Express / high interest late fees problem

United States Review updated:
I have been sent to a collection agency to collect what i owe American express my account has been closed yet American express continues to hit me with high interest late fees and over limit fees. The amount sent for the collection agency keeps changing and no one from American express will talk to me about stopping these charges. Most credit card companies when sent to collection agency will stop all charges and collect only the debt owed at the time sent to collection agency. People beware of American Express.

N  8th of Mar, 2008 by
I want this ### canceal
A  1st of Mar, 2011 by
I can varify this persons complaint completely. I too came across hard times and have a balance that I've been paying on at the rate of $1000 / month. Yet AMEX is charging me $200 / month in fees and refuse to work with me on this. Once paid in full, I will never use another credit card again. I can pay myself $1000 / month and save enough to have plenty of spare cash in the future and not owe anyone anything. I HATE ALL BANKS!!!

American Express Travel Related Services Company Logo American Express Travel Related Services Company
American Express Customer Relations 02-04-40 4315 S 2700 W