American Education Services / rejects valid payments from checking account they've deemed invalid

American education services has been rejecting my payments from two valid checking accounts for over 90 days. If I knew what I was doing wrong I could fix the problem, but no customer service representative has any idea!

They've told me to try forbearance while I "fix the problem." I don't understand why I should go into forbearance when i've been making timely payments from checking accounts that work everywhere but aes. This has already affected my credit rating, and aes says there is nothing they can do about it. One customer service rep told me "well, try a check from that account again and see what happens." why? So my credit score can take a bigger hit while I wait around and get no answers because the rep's can't pull up the specific information on my individual payments? All i'll be told is that i've entered some invalid info for my account, and i'll go back and check everything i've entered (Again and again) find no errors, and confirm that this is the exact payment info i've been using on other sites with no problems.

I want to make payments! I want to give this company money as I agreed to do when I signed onto the loans, but I can't get an answer from any service rep when I ask them how I can go about finding the reason for an "invalid" error on a valid checking account. I'm in tears because I feel so helpless, and because I want to do the right thing and i'm unable to for reasons that feel entirely out of my control.

Comments

• St
      19th of Jun, 2010

Payments are due on the same day of the month, there are other ways besides making a telephone payment or online payments. Try sending in a check or a money order?! I mean c'mon people. Stop using aes as an excuse. Nothing about a payment date changes unless you request another due date change. Anytime that you take out a loan or a credit card, you know if your atleast 30/60 days there can be a neg hit. Forbs bring your account current, or stop your payments for a few months, they dont stop neg hits, they dont take off the credit report, its states that on the form. IF you would read, before you sign and date, you wouldnt be in this mess.

Depending on what bank your using, they may not allow you to make online payments with certain companies.

• Ae