Having problems with Penn Foster?

Penn Foster Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 471 3232 (Customer Service)
+1 888 427 1000 (Student Care)
+1 800 275 4410 (Penn Foster Career School)
+1 888 427 6200 (Penn Foster High School)
+1 570 961 4033 (Career School, International)
+1 480 947 3994 (Penn Foster College, International)
+1 480 947 6644 (Head Office)
14300 N. Northsight Blvd, Suite 125
Scottsdale, Arizona
Penn Foster Career School & Penn Foster High School
Student Services Center, 925 Oak Street, Scranton, PA 18515 USA

Outside the USA, Penn Foster Career School & Penn Foster College
Student Care Center, P.O. Box 1900, Scranton, PA 18501 USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Penn Foster Customer Service. Initial Penn Foster complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Penn Foster above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Penn Foster. Discuss the issues you have had with Penn Foster and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Penn Foster Complaints & Reviews

Penn FosterOnline schooling

No matter what, I would not recommend penn foster and I would check into other legitimate online schooling programs. Penn foster is all about the paycheck and not actually schooling. When it comes time to graduate and receive your diploma, situation in which I am dealing with right now with my son, they hold out and want you to pay more money. Do not add any additional programs to the basic high school diploma, that is where they like to play games and collect more money. They refuse to remove without signing up for a whole new program. Even though he is 100% complete and all money paid in full, they refuse to submit and send his diploma. Stay away from penn foster!

Dec 21, 2019

Penn Foster — tuition refund

My girlfriend was going here " cori martin" up until she changed her mind, and penn foster is refusing to...

Pennfostertrying to cancel and they won't let me

Old account since 2017 havent even done anything on it due to personal problems these past years, yes I recently did want to try it again so my account was already in collections and somehopw they pressured me that it would be good for me and blah blah but I just got news that ill be laid off of work due to not very business where im from and they still want to charge the $900 cancellation fee where am I getting that money from? nor pay the monthly bill they want to give me. if I never even used pennfoster at all why is it fair for me to pay them $1000 I dont have. I need this resolved or I will be making a big claim!!

Penn Fostercancellation

Have recently tried to cancel with this company..you have to cancel by email. And they leave no email address..phone rep would not cancel..their attorney would not cancel and upped my cancel fee by $70.. I have been in contact with an attorney about a civil case..if you have been scammed by this company..please email [protected]@yahoo.com..their advertising does not match what they really do..

RESOLVED

• Penn Foster's response · Jul 23, 2019

Hello, NeilColl66:

We are disappointed to hear that our program was not the right fit for you. Students may cancel from their program by phone, email or mail. Our enrollment terms, including our cancellation and refund policy, are clearly outlined in the enrollment that is signed by each student. This information can also be found our website: https://www.pennfoster.edu/admissions/refund-policy Upon reviewing your records, we see that our solutions team has attempted to reach out to you, most recently on 7/22/19, by phone as well as email. We stand by to assist you: Please reach out to our team either by calling [protected] x4014 or email: [email protected]
          We look forward to helping you resolve this matter. Thank you!

Penn Fosteronline school

I got kicked out of the page i was on, back to the student log in. Im really mad because i wrote a damn essay and its just gone. I clicked submit and it kicked me out to the log in screen. This has happened a few times, but this time im really mad because i wrote so much. I really thought about everything, and now ALL my work is just GONE. I pay for this [censored]. Excuse my language but im pissed. If no one can fix this then im not continuing my school here. Its freaking useless. And its not my internet connection. I pay $60 for highspeed internet and everything works just fine. Just not piss Penn Foster. Im really mad because this is money im wasting. I thought this was school. Its not just a damn application for something. This my goddamn education. 😣😒😠

Penn Fosterhigh school enrollment

I enrolled my daughter in Penn Foster to finish her last few credits of high school. I was only supposed to be billed on the remaining credits for graduation. She only had less than half a year to complete. I ordered the transcrips online, I mailed them and her high school counselor mailed them as well. I was never contacted as to when she would begin. We let it go and decided to go another route. Then I got a collection notice for the full amount of all 4 years of high school. I tried on several occasions to contact someone there and was given the run around.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE.

RESOLVED

• Penn Foster's response · Mar 11, 2019

Hello, Mary. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are disappointed to hear that you feel you did not receive the support you needed for your daughter to begin her program. We would appreciate you reaching out to us by email: [email protected] We need a little more information to be able to locate your daughter's records. Once we have accessed the account we will be happy to escalate a request to management for review.

Pennfostercancellation

I sent a message to cancel my studies and I got back an auto reply that withing 24 hours a representative will contact me.

All now no one call ore email. And I would like to cancel my course because of financial issues. I would like this to be cancel before the date for the next charge on my card

Hope to get and answer here soon.

Regards

Vanessa

• Na
                Nancy Elizabeth Sinclair Jul 21, 2020

My time to finish the course has expired due to the covid19 excuse used by P.F. I was told on phone by one person that I can still take my proctored exam once the proctor is approved. However last late March or early April I sent in the proctor choice paperwork. I need about 24 more credits with P.F. for the assoc. degree. Just stuck with about zilch communication from P.F. I did send in last written paper for grading prior to the deadline. Have no idea what is going on with P.F. Expired 6 days ago and I still have no grade or communication to approve my proctor and mail out the tests to proctor. Proctor is near by and has never heard from P.F. She is librarian, library is still closed, but she will open it for me to test. I've taken classes have diploma, certificate, and now want to earn the degree from P.F. but such foot dragging happening there now. Prior to buying or merging with Ashworth, P.F. had good customer service or student care as they term it.

Jan 23, 2019

Penn Foster — tuition/enrollment

I enrolled for $1 completed the first assignment, they then cancelled me. They said I was behind in tuition...

Penn Foster — enrollment $1 and ended up with a $1564 debt in my credit.

Enrolling with penn foster won't be a good choice, once you enroll in the program and cancel fee will be...

Penn Foster — I never did any online classes only got a username and password

2015 I sign up with Penn foster for online high school diploma .I paid the deposit that day and later that...

Penn Fosterunknown fees

Penn Foster pulled $178.50 from my account without my permission and I have no idea what they charged me for. I am beyond outraged and considering cancelling my membership. I have paid my finances in full, I don't owe them anything! I would like to know why they are pulling random funds from me without giving me a warning or letting me know what I supposedly owe them for.

Penn Fosterbeing billed twice in one month for monthly payments

Things were going well until I realized I am paying tuition for my current student account and one which was cancelled by pen foster i was told by the student advisor upon sending her an email that I was liable however I did not complete any of the courses so what exactly am I liable for ?, I don't earn enough money to be paying that much this is horrible I was looking forward to completing my studies with Pen foster I did not anticipate this kind of set back . Please do better pen foster

Penn Foster — canceling and debt

for the vet tech. Due to an medical illness, I had to cancel my account, I didn't even do one month. I made...

Penn Foster College — veterinary technician program

I enrolled into Penn Foster's vet tech program on 10/5/2017. After a series of welcome messages and links to...

Penn Foster — refund

I was owed a refund 1 year and 6 months ago... I called In June of 2016 to ask about my refund the told me...

Penn Fostergrading and follow up

I you are an independent learner than the program is for you. Problem is most brick and mortar colleges will not take your classes and transfer the credits. Another thing is there are loop holes you have to jump through in order to complete a single semester. To be specific I completed an essay over four months ago and it was "loss" and I had to resubmit it, no one called to inform me or anything, I completed my other classes and waited over three weeks expecting my finals to arrive and they never came. So I called and asked what happened and they told me I had to resubmit it. Okay no problem, I resubmitted the essay and they informed me it did not receive a passing grade, so I asked them to fail me because I work two jobs now and cannot take the time to waste of this game of tag. It also takes usually 15-30 minutes to get a hold of an instructor because the call volume is so backed up. Also the material needs to be updated badly.

Penn Foster — stay away

I have nothing good to say about this Penn Foster, I was not satisfied with it and in my opinion the whole...

Penn Foster — russell day

I agree with the other poster that Chairman Russell Day will send emails out threatening to lead to...

Penn Foster — lessons and grading

Below is an example of the "teaching" at Penn Foster Teachers are just graders who have no knowledge...

Penn Foster — took money after I cancelled

two weeks ago i cancelled my subscription with penn foster education, because i no longer could afford to pay...