American Eagle / associate

1 7600 Kingston Pike Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 865-470-9852

I was in the store @ West Towne Mall on 12/11/2010. I was standing in line for about 10 minutes there were 4 cashiers, as one of the cashiers finished her transaction & the lady left, I proceded to the cashier. As I did, the girl said we are only taking people from the line @ the rope, which I had been standing in for 10 min prior. I tried to explain & she said I have already told the girl in line to come. I started back to the line & the other lady said she was here first but the cashier still didnt understand. As I started to leave the other line opened up & the other girl went to the line. So the cashier had to check me out. I was completly pissed at this point. If there had been a crowd of people I could have understood but there wasnt !! Maybe 2 people in line besides me. I am very tired of this treatment by associates. I probably wont ever shop there again. I will call the manager over this also.

Comments

• Po
      15th of Dec, 2010

So you're angry because she didn't see you? People make mistakes.

• Po
      15th of Dec, 2010

Especially stores that hire teenagers for the majority of their staff. Often, these people are new to the work world.

• Mi
      10th of Aug, 2011

I've been working retail for many years and what people need to understand is that we have to deal with doing a lot of things at once, in a timely manner, for EVERYONE. We try to be as productive as possible...maybe the cashier was focused on giving the person at the register a good experience and did not see what was happening behind the customer in the line. Staying in line until you are called is then up to the customer...10 year olds can do that. I just wish people would realize that they are not the only one in the store with needs.