Amana / French Door Refrigerator / Bad product and service
About five weeks after I bought my Amana refrigerator (Model AF12538AEQ), the refrigerator stopped working. I called the manufacturer's customer service line and was given an appointment with A&E Service Co... for two days later.
A very uncommunicative technician showed up and, after 10 minutes, brusquely told me the parts had to be ordered, and he would return a week later. Now, I am without a refrigerator for 9 days.
Today, no service person shows. The manufacturer says the service company claims I had no appointment. Also, they now tell me the parts are being sent via UPS to me but have no tracking number. Oh, by the way, one part is on back order and won't arrive until May 4.
Since that would leave me three weeks with no refrigerator, I point out that is unacceptable. Too bad, customer service, says, there is nothing they can do.
Bottom line: Don't buy Whirlpool, Amana or Maytag if you want to look forward to decent customer service. And, never use A&E for service.
More Amana / French Door Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Amana Refrigerator - Non ending repairs on refrigerator 
- Amana Refrigerator - Poor service 
- Amana Evenair Convection Oven - No replacement part
- Amana Bottom Freezer Fridge - A lemon by any other name... is still a lemon! 
- Amana Refrigerator - Quality/Service
- Amana Brand - terrible customer service 
- Amana Brand - clothes dryer 
- Amana Brand - Washer not finishing its cycle 
- Amana - Washer machine wont start 
- Amana Stoves - New unit is damaged as well