Amana / stove takes out electrical main

Turn on burner on 10 month old oven on a friday eve to make a grill cheese and all of a sudden Boom!! thundered threw the house.Here we were in pitch black.Our pets were barking like crazy.Smoke was filling the kitchen.Partner ran down stairs to check on the stove breaker> then he tried to turn the big main back on but it grounded out.Called the firefighters (2 trucks 10 guys) Remember this is spring time.With their fireman boots they tracked in all the mud and spring time dog poop from floor to floor. It was def electrical.They unplugged the stove.Called AMANA on monday as no emerg number on week ends.Worked my way up to what they call executive offices. Told sorry but see you in(2) two weeks!!
A month earlier had Amana Tech in for the head display that hardly ever worked.Said he had the part now and would be in immediatly.Told him what had happened during the weekend.He looked at the power supply cord that Amana had installed on the assembly line and inside the juction box the wires had all melted from arcking and some were non existant anymore.He sais he's be back with another plug cord.Been a week since. Basically as far as we are concerned he came in replaced the head display and took away the evidence never to be heard from again even after calls"WHERE IS THE NEW PLUG"
Don't know about the rest of you but we should not have to put up with this non performance from maufacturers anymore!!!
AMANA YOU MAY WELL HAVE PUT A FAMILLY IN JEAPORDY or lost our home and obviously could not care less. Yes we the consumer are just a pain in the &)@
Not to mention they sent us a letter entertaining the idea of buying extended warrantee as our 1 year is running out!!!

COME ON THEY COULD NOT EVEN INSTALL THE POWER SUPPLY CORD CORRECTLY ON THE ASSEMBLY LINE. DO I HAVE TO GO BUY MY OWN NOW and if I did and something goes wrong when I turn it on will my household insurance cover me in the event

A  22nd of Jan, 2011 by
It seems like Amana is sub contracting to repair problems. The sub contractors don't seem to be very responsive as we waited for four hours for a call similar to yours. We called to find out what happened to the service call since it was a NO SHOW and they wanted to reschedule. AE Factory is charging $129.00 flat rate and cannot even make their original committment scheduled days in advance. It seems scary to have these electrical problems and Amana is not even taking responsibility!!! What goes around...comes around!

Amana Brand Logo Amana Brand