Altech Netstar / Account, tracking device, contract and Legal action

Johannesburg, ZA Review updated:

My contract with Altech Netstar was cancelled two to three years ago. The tracking device in my vehicle was tested several times and did not work. Altech promised to contact me to replace, this never happened. The device still does not work until today. Last months Altech Netstar started deducting debit orders from my account which varied from R 200-00 to R 2200-00. The debit orders were cancelled by me as why should I pay for something which is non-existent. Today I received an sms that my account with Altech Netstar has been handed over to CWX for collection. The reference number is ALT 40467. These actions by Altech Netstar is seen in a serious light and I would like your legal department to contact me urgently in an effort to find an acceptable solution.

Dr
Mar 13, 2017

Comments

• Si
      May 24, 2017

In 2015 I took Oakhurst insurence and i was told that it comes as a sort of a combo or package that includes Alter Netstar trackor in it. Nothing was explained to me thouroughly as i think it should have and i never dealt with anyone from Alter Netstar except the people from ther insurence campany. Only when i terminated the contract with the insurence, I got a call from Netstar informing that i took a 3 year contract with them and if i terminate with them too, there will be a charge/ certain amount i have to pay. Fair enough, i paid their money and only to find out that they handed me over to itc. First of all it was never explained to me the part of the trackor as a seperate thing and secondly im being handed over, not only that, after i have paid the money and settled it, Alter Netstar company is playing hide and seek, they dont want to update my profile from the itc and sending me the paid up letter, i dont know how many time i have called requesting assistnce in this regard, I spoke to a lady called Abeeda Titus whom she referred me to a guy called Mohammed (legal dept) whose never in the office. Eventually when i found him He, Mohammed told me i shouldnt be talking to him, now how is it that its not up to him yet i was told by Abeeda that he is at the legal department in the company??. i have been having this problem with this company and i regret the day i took Oakhurst insur that brought me this problem. If anyone would assist me to get my naam cleared without the help of Mohammed Abeeda or anyone on this company i would really appreciate. I need to get on with my life and make applications for finance.