Altech Netstar / Account cancellation

1 Gauteng, South Africa Review updated:

My device was installed with the First for Women insurance in Jan 2014. I have now decided to cancel my insurance with first for women and Altech Netstar. I called Altech Netstar on the 3rd and 4th of October 2016. First for information regarding my final amount due after cancellation and then to officially cancel the device. I was told that I need to cancel my insurance first then contact Altech again to cancel the device. I did this on the 4th of October. I spoke to a man at the retention dept. He told me that the insurance cancellation was not updated on their system but he would call me when it is updated and discuss payment terms for the R46 that I would owe them. Since then I had not heard from Altech and now I received a bill for R115. I called again and was told that I did not cancel the device and that this is the installment amount. I told the operator (Mongezi Mlotshwa) that I had cancelled on the 4th of Oct. He stated that he will query and then told me that the cancellation has gone through. Now I see that I am owing R135! When I tried to explain that I had officially cancelled in Oct, he was very rude and would not see reason. I asked to speak to a manager. His response was that the manager will say the same thing! He then proceeded to put me on hold for over 20 minutes!!!
This is ridiculous! The calls are recorded yet they still refuse to accept that I cancelled the account at the beginning of October! The amount quoted to me in October was R46! I will not pay R135. I called the retention department 3 times today and Mongezi answered all three times. He keeps insisting that he does not know who assisted me on the 4th of October but if I keep getting through to him then my only conclusion is that he is the only operator at the retention dept and that he assisted me in October!

Am
Nov 11, 2016

Comments

• Ak
      8th of Jun, 2017

We totally agree with you. We are having the same problem with Netstar. We phoned them to cancel our device in December 2016. Our three year contract has already expired and we have not renewed it. They then phoned and said that we must send an email. We have send the email. My husbands computer crashed and we do not have any old emails and now they just don't accept that. It is our problem. I asked them where did we renewed the contract and they said that it is not a contract that must be renewed it can run for ever. Where in your life?????? When we have taken the system it was clearly stated it is a 3year contract. No they are threaten us with blacklisting. May be we must start to get people together to take them on, because they are stealing money from us. I have done research on them and we are not the only ones that this has happened with. We are also going to the Ombudsman. The customer services also don't care about your problem and they take you on like hell. May be they get a commission with every client that pays up just to get them off your back. Never ever will we again make use of Netstar. C-Track and Car track will may be better to use.