Altech Autopage Cellular / Insurance offered through autopage

1 Port Elizabeth, South Africa

I was contacted by a salesperson on my cellphone. She offered me a package deal by Altech Autopage which I accepted. They also offered me insurance on the phone which I thought is a good idea since my phone has been stolen before. After about 6 months I realised that they are deducting double what they told me the insurance would be. I phone autopage to find out why this is and why the deduction of any insurance of any kind isn't on my bill. They had no idea who phonesure was and kept on insisting that I do not have insurance. The more I tell the story and say I must have the more they insist that I do not have insurance (note that the lady started to get cheeky with me, speaking to me as if I am some kind of idiot). After various phone calls, I finally ended up with the lady who sold me the deal. They got Phonesure to contact me. The guy named Chris gave me the email address: [protected]@phonesure.com and said I must send my letter of cancelation and he barely appologised saying that they accidently deducted double since one debit order didn't go through. So instead of deducting double just the next month they just kept on doing this for months.

Now I wonder, if my phone was stolen would it also have been almost impossible to claim the insurance money? I guess I would have been without a phone for months. O and ofcourse he told me I would be paid back the next week... no luck. I am still waiting and it is almost 3 weeks now. And I can't get a hold of them! No one, not even the internet has they contact details. So who the hell is Phonesure and why did Autotech offer their services to me but when there is trouble they have no idea who it is?

This is unbelievable and am this close going to the newspaper or hello peter.

Hf