Altech Autopage / Bad service delivery

South Africa Review updated:

An internal change from vodacom to mtn was done on sunday 19 august at menlin in pretoria on an internet bundle where I received a new usb stick and mtn simcard. After waiting for the time period to expired, I could not access the internet. Monday morning my wife went to altech in witbank and according to the person the signal will pick up at the latest at 20h00. Tuesday I went to lydenburg and could not find an altech autopage outlet. After obtaining the head-office number [protected]) I phoned and explained the problem. The time was 16h28. After spending nearly 19 minutes on my phone and were putting through from the one person to the other, I was told that it will take up to 24 working hours before I will be connected to the network.
For a large company like altech I think that it's pathetic to treat a customer of many years like that. What was suppose to be a simple transaction turns into a nightmare. All the expenses and frustration that i've had to go through leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just to get my work done i've had to buy a pay-as-you-go simcard and load it with a data bundle.
Please help with the problem. I'm sure that there must be a faster way to do the network change than to wait 5 days. We are living in a dynamic world where everything is suppose to be faster, not like in the old days.
My name is hermanus johannes swart. Id no: [protected]. E-mail: [protected]@ymail.com

Comments

Oct 12, 2012

I have had similar experience with Altech Autopage. I have recently upgraded my contract with them, more out of convenience than a preference! Anyway, they overcharged me, not keeping to the contract value, they didn't provide me with upgraded data value that I signed up for, and they sent me a broken USB stick, which 2 months later, I'm still sitting with, and they haven't bothered to replace. I spent the last 2 months making frequent follow up calls with them at my own cost and time, only to be told that the refund they owe me on the overcharges is still being atttended to. I've asked for my contract to be cancelled and even that request has been ignored and I've received no confirmation that the cancellation will be done. Like other customers, I've been transferred from one person to another, and they are all totally clueless! Even the supervisor cannot be reached on her direct line. As I'm writing this, I've been holding on the line for their credit control department for the past 15 minutes already. One wonders how such an incompetent and thieving company is still surviving. But small wonder, this is SOUTH AFRICA after all!

• Me
      Dec 12, 2012

i took a contract with you guys altech auto page in january 2012 and there was a limit on my line and i never had any problems with it - till now i got my bill that is R797.37 double - they just removed the limitwithout notifying me - i also work for a celular comp and my job is to phone the clnt every day to let them know how much are the bill if they went over the limit for the mnd - and i know by LAW its is wrong not to notify the clnt
    i need an answer by today before i go to the ombuds man
    melanie

• Da
      Jun 03, 2016
    Altech Autopage - Shocking Service
    Furcor
    Durban
    South Africa
    Phone: 0715814728

I requested a cap be set on some of our business cell phone lines on the 08.01.2014 and again 31.01.2014 for an amount of R700.00 and R800.00 respectively. Yet I am STILL receiving high cellphone bills. I lodged a complaint with Autopage Ref 352588 and 2 weeks later had still had NO feedback. After repeatedly phoning in, I finally phoned in this morning and got told they would not refund me as the limits are not guaranteed. Why the heck do they bother to offer the service if they cannot get their employees to do their jobs. I had requested 3 times (which I have proof) for these limits to be set. Not only that but I had complained on Hellopeter twice and only received the standard "Thank you for bringing this to our attention" yet NO ONE has got back to me. Their customer service is shocking and believe you me i am going to be posting on every web site i can and will also be changing my provider as soon as my contracts expire which i know one does next month