Allstate / No response / slow response

1 p.o. box 7877Macon, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-729-0130

My car was wrecked on 8/27/08. I was told it could take up to 4 days to be looked at by an adjuster and it took 5. The adjuster took 3 more days to submit his estimate to my insurance. I had someone 2 days later after my calling to give me their "book" value of what they were going to give me on my totaled out car. The car was less than 2 months old. I recieved a letter of the estimation. I found out that I had recieved the wrong estimate on my car. It was a S seriers worth about $1500 - $2000 dollars more. I can't get anyone to return my calls from the claims office. I'm having to pay for a rental car out of my pocket each day I'm with out a car and the finance people won't talk a settlement until they recieve a check from the insurance. CAll it due process but it's costing me time and money. I didn't have to gap insurance (which I wasn't offered by the finance people or my insurance until after the wreck) I didn't even know my insurance company carried it. Now no one from the claims office will return my calls about the wrong appraisal or a difference of the totaled out amount. Slow, slow, slow, Oh yeah, they did want immediate approval from me to move the car from the collision shop holding it because it was costing them $20.00 a day. I went and got my stuff out the very same day they called me. ?No one seems to care as long as it's not affecting them.

Comments

Ka
  28th of Jul, 2009

Wow, that sucks. I work for Allstate. I'm an agent, the thing is that when you do a policy, an agent might be tempted to put the wrong submodel for a vehicle in order to lower and close the insureds policy. At the end of the day its still a buisness for the agents and they will do whatever in order to get you in their commission books. Yet at the same time it's not all their fault. You as the insured should review your policy and make sure that the information stated in the policy is correct. That is your responsibility and nobody elses.

-Kadi