Allstate Auto Insurance / claims

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I can not believe this. We have been with Allstate for years with home, auto, RV and motorcycle coverage. Just yesterday I was run off the road by a tractor trailer traveling in the wrong lane. I hit a rock outcropping and did 5 grand damage to my car. (No one injured.) After calling 911 I called Allstate. The rep asked all the questions and ended the call by telling me I was at fault. Naturally I said, what? She said because I hit a rock cliff face and had not gone under the tractor trailer it was my fault. I told her the tractor trailer driver was cited and I was not. I gave her the other drivers name, company he drove for and their insurance (all given to me by the police.) The woman said she didn't need it. They would NOT contact the other insurance agency and asked whether I wanted to file a claim or not. I called the opther agency, have the repair underway and am shopping for a new insurance provider. Allstate is exemplary of all that is wrong with America. Good hands? How about, "Allstate, we give you the middle finger!"

Na

Comments

• Me
      13th of May, 2009

After 20 years with Allstate, and NEVER having made a claim, I'm DONE. I pay for uninsured & underinsured coverage, yet a recent wreck that totalled my car and was caused by the other driver (in San Antonio, TX - driver was not carrying a license or insurance card but since he was able to provide numbers, the COPS actually let him drive off). Police report stated only contributing factor was other driver's FAILURE TO CONTROL SPEED (again, San Antonio Police did NOT issue a ticket). 5 witnesses saw this guy RACING his vehicle for at least 3 miles before the accident, but Allstate said they were discounting the witness statements because witnesses estimated him racing at 80 mph and Allstate said they felt that was "exagerrated" (it's no wonder we have so few good samaritans left - they tried to do a good deed and basically Allstate called them liars). I'm hoping to find an attorney who would help me with this on an ethical basis. All in similar situations must report Allstate. Eventually the little guy will win!