Allegiant Airlines / refunds

Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I booked flights, round trip, for my son and myself for the holidays on Allegiant. We flew out on 12/18 from Phoenix to Medford Oregon, No problems. The return home was a nightmare. We were suppose to fly out of Medford back to Phoenix Mesa the evening of 11/25 to return home. We arrived at the airport, after driving over from the coast of Oregon. The airport was foggy so they cancelled the flight and we grabbed a hotel at our expense for the night...great Christmas !!! The next day, 11/26, we go to the airport, again the flight is cancelled, now until the evening of 11/27. I said, that is enough, I have to get home and the Other airlines were flying in and out of Medford, just not Allegiant. I went to their ticket counter, along with many others. Their agents advised we could cancel our flights on Allegiant and get a full refund within 7 days for the Medford to Phoenix leg flight. OKAY, we all cancelled. I asked for a paper trail at the time, the agent said Idid not need anything, that we were cancelled and that was that. We drove to Portland, 5 hour drive, booked flights on US air, spent an extra $700 for these one way flights and got home very late on 11/26. Now 7 days go by, no refund from Allegiant. I try phoning, but get their usual, we are experiencing heavy call volumes and cannot take your call, numerous times. I email today and get a resp0nse back that we get no refund, we did not cancel the flight and tough luck. OH REALLY... I am asking anyone that has this same situation going to please contact me asap. I plan to file complaints with the state of Arizona attorney general, the FAA and anyone else that will listen about this rip off. Email me anytime [protected]@fastmail.net.
SHAME ON ALLEGIANT AIR. I will never fly them again and I had been flying on them about once a month. Linda

Comments

Jun 01, 2018

I would like my refund on luggage round trip. I am retired military, please call 386 256 4441 I paid not knowing it was free, please call me and let me know what to do. The phone number for refund is always 45 mins to wait, too long, thank you.

• Ds
      Apr 01, 2019

I would like to know how you can double book someone in the same seats. I had both knees replaced and I purchased my seats to sit in the front row back in November of 2018. Flight 2156 Appleton to Sanford Florida.I get to my seat and someone else was sitting where i thought I should be sitting. So they had me sit in the row behind with limited movement with my bad knees. What can be done.