Allegiant Air / fee for gate pass

United States, South Dakota, Rapid City Review updated:
Allegiant Air
Rapid City
My daughter is 12 and a seasoned air traveler. We bought her a ticket on Allegiant Air to fly from Rapid City to Phoenix. The price was, probaly too good to be worth it. Had I known then what I know now, none of us will ever travel with this Airline.

6/27/2009 9:30 (MDT) Rapid City Regional Airport- Allegiant Air-Rapid City, SD
Her grand mother took her to the airport and checked in. She asked for a gate pass to take my daughter back to the gate. Allegiant Air refused stating we do not give gate passes, but for another $100 dollars you can buy a unacompied minor ticket and you will allowed to go with her to the gate. Again she stated; she's 12 yrs old I just to make sure she get on the plane ok.
My mother in law then asked to speak with supervisor, who stated the same thing as the ticket agent did. My mother in law again repeated why, the supervisior then got and said we need $100 so you can take her to the gate.
I have never heard of such a thing. I called multiply airlines and not single one, except for Allegiant Air is charging for gate passes.

N  23rd of Jan, 2010 by
That's ridiculous...either u did not explain yourself clearly or you are so full of it. No airline chages for gate passes.

Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air Logo Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air
8360 S Durango Dr