All My Sons Moving / they are horrible.

1 VA, United States Review updated:

Same kind of story as everyone else. I wish I had done some research before hiring them.

When I called about estimates, the salesman whose name I must have repressed, told me the job would be three hours - that he's been in this business with his family a long time, and he could figure out how much time it would take to move a 2-bedroom home. I specifically asked about travel time; since my new home was a short distance, could that be used as moving time - he said, "of course".

When the crew of three arrived, they took 10 minutes to stand around the van and chat. They also said my place would take at least 5 or 6 hours to move, but they would work their best. They also said lots of their customers would go to the ATM and pick up cash for their tips. They wasted time needlessly disassembling furniture, text messaging, tracking dirt all over the house (the salesman said they were going to lay out a red carpet so that wouldn't happen). Near the three hour mark, the lead mover made a deal with me that instead of paying $150 an hour, I could pay a flat price ($75 per man), and they would rent a U-Haul and take their time moving the rest of my stuff. Yes, I am an idiot, and I agreed.

So with half my stuff in the truck, we got to the new house where I was handed a bill for $150 more than what I was quoted over the phone. Of course when I called the salesman, he conveniently wasn't going to be in for a few hours, and I had to speak to the dispatcher (while I'm sure the salesman laughed). He said there was nothing to be done, explained the travel time fee - which wasn't at all as the original salesman told me. So while I was on the phone, the movers sat around on the truck and refused to give me my stuff. So I paid them, and interestingly enough, while it took them over 3 lazy hours to pack my belongings, they unpacked cursing the entire time in less than 1/2 hour - broken table legs, disassembled furniture (have no idea where they put the hardware), boxes that read "fragile: do not stack" at the bottom of a pile... I had to move the rest of my stuff myself.

By the time I talked to the salesman, he told me there was nothing he could do and "People usually have more stuff than they think, " and that he would pass on the incident to the manager.

Great company - with a bunch of lazy workers that badmouth their company and try to get sidework by moving slow. I'm sure they're all in on it.

They have a place on their site for reviews. You'll notice there is only one review, positive of course, and a note saying they get so many customer reviews that not every one will be posted. They also ask for all your information. I wouldn't give it. I don't want them to break in my house or set my lawn on fire. I wouldn't put it past them.

Comments

8th of May, 2008
    All My Sons Moving - Damage and Loss
    All My Sons Moving and Storage
    Annapolis

We hired three men and a truck to pack up our belongings. One of the men spent nearly an hour sitting in the cab of the truck talking on his cell phone. The other two spent their time wrapping and padding our belongings. When the third guy came in from the truck he had them un-wrap and redo much of the stuff.

The move-out went fairly smoothly, although I was disappointed that no protection was put down on the hardwood floors.

Delivery to our new home was a different story. The story was that it "wasn't their fault" than pieces were broken, scarred and otherwise damaged. Plus two pieces were missing altogether. They were a large oriental carpet, and an aluminum exgtension ladder. We had paid extra for these two "Over Sized" items. When asked when we could expect them to be brought out, we were told that we would have to wait "until they had another truck comming our way"!

We noted the discrepancies on the receipt we signed. As of now, 10 days later, we have heard nothing from the company.

• Pe
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I AGREE!!! THEY ARE A SCAM.

• Pr
      28th of Aug, 2009

Agree...dont ever opt for Chennai pakcers & movers.

• Ia
      9th of Mar, 2011
    All My Sons Moving - terribel services, damage and refuse to compensate
    all my sons moving

we moved from oregon to Seattle used all my sons moving company. It was just the start of nightmare.
    Furnitures were damaged. They didn't reply after we submitted claim form until we had to kept contacting them. BUT, they refused to make compansation as 60Cents per pound for damaged item. They compensated as goodwill quality.
    Be prepared to go court.

This company should be out out of bussiness!!!

• Al
      8th of Apr, 2011
    All My Sons Moving - BROKEN PROPERTY
    ALL MY SONS MOVING

This company's hired moving labor damage and broken some of my personal property and lied that they will replace it. Thier workers also were slow and rude. One that really got my seek legal consel is that they broken a tinited glass top and taken the broken pieces with them. The worker stated that the glass company need the broken pieces to make the correct measurements and that it will taken 2 weeks to reciece the glass because of its speciality bevel cut and it had to be done by an outside company. When I tried to follow up, my calls were first ignored . i thought that was strange for a business in the middle of a work week and in the morning not to take calls so I used my daugher's cell phone and they immediatly picked up. They became very snippy when I asked about the completeion of the glass and that is when they told me they are not going to replace the glass. They lied to me and made it look like I broken my on glass and blame them for it. I was framed.