ALL MY SONS MOVING COMPANY / Damage to furniure and insurance follow through

We moved from one end of Georgia to the other, when Randy the representative came to our home to discuss the move he asured us that the movers were professionals. The All My Sons office we were using was out of Bluffton S.C. therefore all his movers were schooled and skilled to handle high end furnishings.
This being the case we were sure our not so highend stuff was in good hands. All the furniture in our home was two and a half years old or less, now every piece is scuffed, nicked or gourged. The back of the china cabinet looks as if someone put a foot thru it, the dining room table has a deep gouge and the console table leg is completely broken in half where the mover fellout of the truck and landed on the table.

In August we received a letter from ALL MY SONS (AMS)wanting us to settle the claim for $300.00, they indicated this was a generous offer after reviewing our claim. The console table cost more than that not counting all the other damage.

We purchased extra insurance with We Care Insurance through the mover on the day of the move. They have not been helpful at all. Four months after the move they finally sent a young man to look at the furniture for repair, he could not or would not tell me how these repair would be done, he said they would not be perfect but would be satisfactory, yeah to whom. I ask for a copy of the report he was sending to the insurance company and was told i was not allowed to have that, he also told me at the time that he could not repair the china cabinet or the console table.

Today(oct.25,07) i spoke with the insurance company rep. who at first told me she had not received a report on the damages, when I told her who came to the house three weeks ago she put me on hold for about 5 minutes while she talked with AMS. She came back and said the insurance had be nullified because I underestimated the value of my furniure by $20,000, but they would do the repairs if I send a check for $358.00 to them, I asked for a itemized list of the repairs to be done and about the replacement value of the non- repairable pieces she had no answer for that. I did not undervalue my furniure so I called and spoke with the office manager for AMS and I have yet to have an answer to any of my question and I still have scuffed,scratched, dented ,gouged , busted and broked furniture

Comments

• Da
      14th of Nov, 2007

I have having the same problems with AMS movers from MD. They moved my stuff into storage in March and when it was finally delivered in July, the furniture was damaged and it was even confirmed with the delivering agent that it was picked up that way. I have written to the President of the Company in MD twice, both letters sent FEDEX and I still have not had any response. It was a 10K claim and they offered me $306! I returned the cheque with the letters to the President and still have had no response.

This has been the most frustrating move I have had in the last 4 years.