All My Sons Moving and Storage / Completely horrible moving experience

1 Jetport LoopFort Myers, FL, United States
Phone: 239-561-6300

We moved approximately 14 miles from a condo in Fort Myers to house in Lehigh Acres. We spoke with All My Sons approximately 2 weeks prior to our move giving them a list of the furniture to be moved. This list included but was not limited to a 65" t.v.; king size bedroom suit with headboard, footboard, 4 pillars, armoir and night stand; kingsize bedroom suit with head/footboards, triple dresser with mirror, two night stands. All in all there were approximately the equivalent of a 2 bedrooms and a living room. Our items didn't even fill up a truck. Two men arrived approximately 2 hours late. One of the men smelled so badly we had to leave all doors and windows open. And to top that the same smelly guy asked to use our restroom and 30 minutes later he came out and at that time we were forced to stand outside the condo due to the smell!!! After spending more than 5 hours loading the truck, we were finally on our way to our new home. As my husband stood outside the truck, he witnessed the movers pick up a small desk, one guy dropped his end of the desk and items just laid on the top of the desk fell to the ground and broke into multiple pieces. At that point we realized our items had not been secured in the truck and had been flung all over! The piece that had been dropped out of the truck was the piece that holds the wrought iron canopy over our bed. There was a scratch across the big screen tv and the front base of the dresser to the 2nd bedroom suit was pulled off. The movers acknowledged they broke the bed. We immediately called All My Sons who assured me they were insured and the damages would be covered. This was August 31, 2009. The owner, John Brown, first said he would repair the damage to the bed. We were satisfied with this as long as the repair was safe (again, this was hanging over our heads when we were in bed) and as long as the repair was not noticeable. Because we thought John Brown and All My Sons were going to take care of the problems caused by their employees, we didn't pursue the damaged t.v. or the dresser damages. More than a month passed with no word from John Brown and All My Sons. We had people come in to get estimates on repairing our furniture. We were told it was not repairable. John Brown sent his "guy" to our house. After waiting for 3-4 weeks for Patrick to contact us, he showed up at our house at approximately 10:00 a.m. He was reeking of alcohol, was unsteady on his feet and was completely unprofessional. Patrick stated he couldn't fix the damages. Approximately 2 weeks later, another gentleman showed up at my house stating Patrick had sent him out. As a matter of fact, the gentleman (who was extremely nice and professional) thought my husband was the person who made the phone call to his company! This man looked at the damages, shook his head and said there was no way the damages could be repaired and he didn't want to be involved in any way. Patrick continued to call my cell phone at different times (early in the morning, close to midnight, etc) stating he was going to fix our furniture. Every time he sounded drunk. We asked him to quit calling. Patrick continued to make the phone calls. Finally, my husband told him we were going to the police if he didn't quit calling me. We were then asked by All My Sons to submit proof of comparable replacement items. We found a similar bed on sale for $2, 500.00. After approximately 4 months, we were offered a whopping $90 for the damage to our $4, 000.00 bedroom suit. Again, we contacted John Brown at All My Sons Moving. He stated he would check it out and call us back. Never got the call back ~ imagine that! After multiple phone calls and complaints to both John Brown and his wife Mary - the owners of All My Sons in Fort Myers - John Brown said since he couldn't repair the damages to the bed he would rufnd us in full the cost of our move. John Brown stated we would have a check within the week. Two weeks later, we didn't have the check - surprise, surprise, surprise...we called John Brown at All My Sons. As always, he conveniently wasn't available. Our phone calls were never returned. After another month had passed, Mary (John Brown's wife) came to the phone and said John would only refund a portion of the cost of our move. Again, we were lied to. It is now mid-March 2010 and John Brown and All My Sons is offering us $347.00 to replace the items damaged by All My Sons. We were told over a week ago that a check was in the mail for the full amount of our move. I want to reiterate that we have been forced to replace our bedroom suit, a triple dresser and our 65" t.v. John Brown expects us to sign a waiver saying upon acceptance of the $347.00 we would be completely satisfied PRIOR to receiving a check...I have one thing to say to that...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WARINING - DO NOT USE ALL MY SONS MOVING AND STORAGE IN FORT MYERS FLORIDA!!! THEY CAN NOT TELL THE TRUTH, THEY WILL DAMAGE YOUR PROPERTY AND YOU WILL BE STUCK REPLACING YOUR FURNITURE!!! THEY ARE AN EXTREMELY UNPROFFESSIONAL, NON-TRUSTWORTHY, AND UNBELIEVABLE!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!