Alitalia / Awful service

Alitalia couldn't get my luggage transfered to my plane from Rome to Genoa despite a 1.5 hour delay. Once the luggage finally arrived in Genoa 12 hours later they couldn't garantee when it would be delivered to me on the next day even though they knew I was departing on a 3 week cruise. They delivered my luggage to my hotel instead of my cruise ship (after we left port) and never bothered to return ship's emails or deliver the luggage to any of the European cruise ship ports. I rceieved one piece of luggage the day after I returned from a 4 week vacation and my second piece is still missing. Their New York office puts you on hold (up to 1.25 hours) and then hangs up on you. I will never fly Alitalia again as long as I live.

Ha

Comments

• To
      18th of Jul, 2009

I totally sympathize with all the complaints against Alitalia Airline. I had the same experience when I missed a connection because previous flight (also an Alitalia flight) was delayed by three and a half (3.5) hours. When I approached Alitalia kiosk at Rome' s airport I was given nothing but a cold shoulder and attitude, I was even yelled to leave the area. I spent 24 hours in the airport waiting for next day flight. When I asked for hotel, food and shower they laughed in my face. This was not my fault they put me through hell and offered nothing to accommodate me. So here you go. If you are thinking of traveling with Alitalia or even have a connection with Alitalia airline, DON'T DO IT! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE OF DEALING WITH THE MOST RUDE COSTUMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO COME OUT AND SAY "SMILE YOU ARE ON HIDDEN CAMERA" BUT NO, IT WAS ALL TRUE. I AM DISGUSTED. ALITALIA COSTUMER SERVICE DEFIES ALL LOGIC.

Sincerely,