AliExpress / can't change shipping address - city

Croydon, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

cant change city in shipping address for australia.
when you select any state, all of the suburbs/cities are not in the city dropdown list.

Only option is to select 'Other' but this is not acceptable as address would then be (for eg)
2 MyStreet
Other
Croydon, Victoria, 3136 Australia

how on earth could aliexpress overlook this.
I have spoken to their cust service many times only to be met with stupid answers like, I understand, sorry and we have escalated this.

not good enough aliexpress!!!
this is not a minor issue, I would have expected you fix it immediately!

Fr
Jan 19, 2018

Comments

May 04, 2018

I have had the same issue, they tell me it has been forwarded to admin and I will receive an email once it is fixed up but nothing happens :(

• Ia
      May 19, 2018

I have been trying to use Aliexpress for the last six months. I have been frustrated out of my mind with stupid user procedures and bad translations. Customer support is worse than useless with operators with poor Engish and complete lack of knowledge about how their system works. The drop-down address selection is a minor issue compared with the problems that I have had with their payment system. something goes wrong there is an error page that says something that is in no way related to the actual problem. Not knowing what mistake has been made makes it impossible to rectify the problem. I could go on for the next hour about the frustrating nuances trying to explain by text when you have limited typing skills. After a limited no of characters are entered, and you exceed the limit. When you enter your information the whole message is deleted. That really gets the blood boiling. In my case, I included my suburb in the street name box and selected the municipality in the drop-down box. The address looks a little odd but Aus. Post has no trouble with it. They also don't seem to have a complaints department. I've asked the support people several times about it and they would not give me an answer.

• Ar
      Aug 11, 2018

I worked it out. Here is an example:
    Line 1: 24 Smith Street
    Line 2: Your town or suburb
    Then you press the button for town or city dropdown list and select your area e.g. Gold Coast
    The website is exasperating and very user unfriendly.