Albertsons / $100 amazon gift card

1 Alicia and Olympiad, United States

Dear Albertsons: Amazon is refusing to cancel this card in their system. Can you help? I bought the card from you yesterday, it got lost or stolen and only Amazon can cancel it. This is an example of huge companies having no idea of their responsibility to their customers ... or their sales contractors, like Albertsons.

I bought your Amazon gift card which I believe can only be used by Amazon when deposited in their gift card account. In this case I could send you the numbers of the card with the Albertsons and/or Amazon receipts.

Why don't they just put a hold on the card when the thief presents it to their gift card dept, deny the deposit, prosecute the thief or let me have the ID for the thief. Amazon is the only party controlling the card. Amazon can enter the numbers from my card. No one else can do this. I spoke to Merrill Lynch my bank who issued the credit card used to buy the Amazon gift card. They have no control over the Amazon system. They can't cancel its use in their system. I was told by ‘Aukunior' junior, Amazon support agent that they could cancel the card and refund to me any charges made against it.

In summary, Amazon, please do not accept the gift card I purchased, lost and believe was stolen by someone at the check-out counter at Albertsons. In this way none of us, Albertsons, Amazon or Merrill Lynch suffer any loss.

I can send the sales slips if you can send me an email.

Ken Berg, Mission Viejo, [protected]