[Resolved] Alamo Rental Cars / poor customer service
I was recently in NYC for a holiday and used Alamo Rental Cars. Although the car was fine (I think it was a Toyota Corrola) whne I went to return it, I was charged for a scratch on the right door. It looks like someone 'keyed' it. Here is where they get you - because I did not elect to get extra insurance on it, I am now responsible for the damage even though I had nothing to do with it. I didn't get the extra insurance because I thought I would be covered under my normal insurance and the extra cost would have been an additional $300 for the week! They certainly didn't let me know about this extra cost when I confimred my order. Hidden costs!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Aug 23, 2010
We suggest that all renters check with their personal insurance and/or credit card company regarding coverage of damage to a rental car due to incidents such as this. You'll note on the rental agreement that you signed, the driver is responsible for any and all damage - this is also why we offer optional coverage.
I sincerely apologize and would suggest you contact our Damage Recovery Unit at 800-327-0421 to handle this claim further.
- Elizabeth with Alamo Rent A Car
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jun 18, 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, KLMANL. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please contact us at [protected]@alamo.com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
When emailing, please place reference number 140618-007060 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Social Media Coordinator
Alamo Rent A Car
More Alamo Rental Cars Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing