Alamo Rental Car / bogus damage!
I have had 2 bad experiences with Alamo regarding damage. The first occurred in W. Palm Beach in the spring of 07 when I rented a car, reported on my way out of the airport that there were scratches, had it the rental agreement initialed by the attendant and proceeded on my way. When I returned to the airport and checked in the car I was accused of causing the prior damage. I complained to the fellow, who spoke very poor English, of the situation to no avail. The billed me later for nearly 700 and I had misplaced the initialed report, (which I later found). It took several letters and phone calls to straighten this matter out. Now they have another claim open against me, which is just as baseless. I reported that an indicator light, 'tire damaged', was on to my insurance company. The next day, in the day light, there was no damage. The light went out and I returned the car.
The case is still opened 2 months later and my insurance company keeps sending me letters referring to a case number. I have a reservation with Alamo that is about to be canceled. Buyer Beware!
More Alamo Rental Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - additonal driver fee 
- Alamo Rent A Car - cancelled
- Alamo Rent A Car - car rental
- Alamo Rent A Car - overpayment
- Alamo Rent A Car - payment not received, and unethical behaviour at miami airport office
- Alamo Rent A Car - service at shreveport airport and customer service