[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / unsatisfied

I always rent my vehicle from Alamo. Unfortunately I recently rented a vehicle, that the breaks was no good at all and the check engine light came on. Due to us being located in Florida and Hurricane Irma was on approached I wasn't able to return the vehicle and exchanged it. So I finally was able to and went into the Miami International Airport branch last night to do an exchange. the manager on site named Edgar was very understanding and quickly agreed to change to vehicle and offer us an upgrade due to the fact we had no power and we were using the car to sleep with the kids. but I also explain to him that my credit card original on file had fraud on and I had to close the account. So he immediately told me to go upstairs because he couldn't switch out the credit cards on file for me and that I might have to start a new contract. I agreed and went upstairs. Brian the reservation agent assisted us with the closing of the contract, he was great. but when it was time to open a new contract I told Brian that Edgar said we can get it at the same rate. he agreed and went to speak to his manager about it. the manager agreed but then Brian told us the Alamo have a 200 dollar holding fee and previously i told Brian i only have 120 left on my credit card for one more week. I told him I cant not afford another 200 dollars as of this moment because I wasn't aware because the contract that I previously had didn't include an additional 200 dollars. Brian said give him a moment he will speak to his manager again, sadly he return and said that they couldn't do anything about it. I ask Brian to speak to the manager myself. when the manager returned I explain him the situation and how we Don't have power and uses the car to sleep in and that my previous contract didn't include the extra 200 dollars and as of this moment due to hurricane Irma everything isn't falling into place . he was very nonchalant didn't care nor had any understanding to the situation and it was very hurtful to me. I told him if i was aware of this in my previous contract it wouldn't be an issue and the reason why my contract was closed is because no one couldn't switch out the credit card on file so you guys had to start me with a new contract. and the reason why I'm here in the first place is because the vehicle I original rented wasn't safe at all for me to drive in.we spoke a few minutes go back and forth and he said he doesn't want to receive and email from corporate stating anything to about this policy isn't being implemented at his location. I ask him can i used a debit card and he said no then he changed his mind and ask me if I had the debit card with me and I said yes and he said OK. thank God Wells Fargo allow us to overdraft our checking account and avoid any additional fees to assist those customers during this ruff time due to hurricane Irma. which allow me to be able to rent the vehicle for my family to sleep in. Not to mention we still without power. I can honestly say my last encounter with that manager left a distasteful taste in my mouth that Alamo lost me as a customer. I can honestly say customer satisfaction wasn't on his to do list last night. We're all human, empathize with our situation because we all in the state of Florida was affected by this hurricane. I wasn't trying to cheat you out of your job and not understand what he was telling its just at that moment I couldn't do anything.

DOA: 9/17/2017 12Am

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 19, 2017

Fara Thelisma, I see my colleague, Kayla, has previously responded to your post on FACEBOOK and TWITTER and we have escalated your concern to upper management at the Miami location. Our Customer Care department has also refunded the credit card on file and provided you with 3 days of rental on your next visit with us. If there is something specific that we can help you with, please feel free to email us at [protected]@alamo.com with the details. Thank you! - Carol H.

Fa