[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / unethical behavior

Alamo Bozeman Airport, Bozeman, MT, United States

We rented an SUV from Alamo online on August 11, 2018 for December 25th and paid in full. On December 5th, I received a letter that Alamo, Bozeman, MT would not be able to rent the car to us. They offered a mid-sized car despite the fact we have 7 people. I explained we have 7 people plus luggage and I was told that if I showed up to pick up the car an SUV would not be there. I called Alamo corporate. They do not handle any customer service issues. They said they could send an email to escalate the matter regionally. After 10 days, I called back to follow up and was told the email was never sent. I was told to call the Bozeman office and ask for the regional managers name and number. The Bozeman office refused. I called back Alamo corporate and they told me they would send another report but I won't hear back before the 25th and even if I did hear back, the answer would be the same. By law, they have the right not to honor any reservation, even if paid. I never questioned renting from a company like Alamo. They have a big name. Why would I ever think they would treat a customer like this? They waited until December 5th not to honor the reservation. Meanwhile all of Bozeman is sold out of SUV's. We have found one for 10 times the price. Alamo should pay the difference but the legal fees would surpass the damage and Alamo knows this. I have spent hours on the phone just getting the run around. Each location is allowed to do what they want without any repercussions from the corporate office. The corporate office could care less. I will never use Alamo and I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to use Alamo. I read all the bad reviews, I thought they couldn't be true. My mistake.

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jan 09, 2019

michelle51, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and we recognize how disappointing this must be for you. We would like to look into this further for you. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Mi