Alamo Rent A Car / customer service/ cavalier attitude

Poor Customer Service and Cavalier attitude.

On July 12th I booked a reservation for a full-size vehicle to be picked up at El Paso AirPort. While traveling to El Paso my flight was delayed twice. As my flight was the last scheduled flight for that evening and the delays made my arrival time after normal business hours I called Alamo customer service and informed of each delay and verified my flight information. On each occasion I was assured that someone would be available so I could pick up the rental car. Upon arrival to El Paso I was one hour after normal business hours. There was no one at either the desk or at garage for rental pick up resulting in having to obtain a rental with another company at increased cost.

The following morning, I called the Alamo El Paso Airport location. I was told my arrival was after normal business hours and they had closed. I explained that I had called twice and was told someone would be available to allow me to pick up the rental vehicle. I was asked if I had a name of whom I spoke to. I admitted that I did not obtain the service representative's name. At that point the demeanor of the associate became at best "cavalier "and was informed there was no notes regarding my flight being delayed and I could return to the airport and get a rental. There was no apology and lack of proper customer concern prompted me to follow up my complaint with an Escalation Supervisor who stated an agent should have remained until the flight arrived. I have sense contacted Alamo Customer Service three additional times regarding this incident (REFERENCE NUMBER [protected]). Each time I was told someone would contact me regarding the incident. Which as of yet has not occurred.

On a positive note the last customer representative did apologize for any inconvenience that I may have experienced.

Ki